Every year I look forward to making unique handmade Christmas ornaments for gifts and to add to my own Christmas tree decorations. I love windows, snowmen and birdhouse dies and thought it would be fun to use all these elements to create my unique ornaments. I’m sure if you picked out a few of your favorite crafting supplies you could come up with some unique ornaments of your own.
I layered three windows together to create a substantial ornament base.
- Cut three windows and two window boxes for each ornament.
- Glue two windows together using glossy accents.
- Turn the windows over and apply glossy accents to the back.
- Tuck the embroidery floss hanger to the back of the attached windows and attach the third window facing out. Note: I wanted both sides of the window ornament to have a nice finished appearance.
- Attach a window box to the front and back of each ornament using glossy accents.
The Snowman and Holly Window
- Cut the snowman parts using white, black, red, woodgran and orange cardstock.
- Assemble the snowman parts using glossy accents. I only used two sections of the snowman body and cut the lower section off in the middle to fit on the window sill.
- Apply glossy accents to the bottom of the snowman and a strip of mounting tape to the top portion of the snowman body and attach it to the window.
- Cut the holly using green and red cardstock.
- Place the holly branches and leaves on the molding pad and score and form the leaves using the leaf tool from the Garden Tool Kit.
- Use glossy accents to attach the red holly berries to the holly branches.
- Apply glossy accents to the holly branches and attach them to the window.
- Attach two tiny holly leaves and a berry to the snowman hat using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching a ribbon scarf to the snowman neck using glue dots.
The Birdhouse and Cardinals Window
- Cut the birdhouse sections using red and white cardstock and attach them together using a rolled up strip of 1/8″ double stick tape.
- Apply glossy accents to the lower base of the house and a strip of mounting tape to the upper portion of the house and attach it to the window.
- Use green and red cardstock to cut the greenery and holly.
- Attach the red berries to the holly branches using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the greenery and holly and arrange and attach them to the window and birdhouse.
- Cut the cardinals using red cardstock, color the beaks using a black marker and attach to the birdhouse and greenery using small pieces of mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching a single loop bow to the greenery using glue dots.
I might be prejudiced but I think these unique handmade Christmas ornaments are as cute as they can be. They will be wrapped together with a nice gift card for one of my favorite people. If you want to see more unique handmade Christmas ornament ideas you can see lots and lots on this Pinterest link. I sure would love to see links to what you come up with. Please feel free to come back to this post or any of my posts and leave a link in the comments sections. I would love to get ideas from you for my next unique handmade Christmas ornaments.
The dies I used.
The tools and supplies used for my project.