Good Friday morning. I have a pretty die cut deer and pine scene card to share with you today. The Tree In Oval and Deckle Hills creates a perfect setting for the Deer Family. The snow tipped Greenery, red Berries and Small Birds add contrast and interest to the all white scene.
The Tree Frame and Snow Layers
- Cut the Tree in Oval and three Deckle Hills layers in white cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the lower back portion of the frame.
- Trim the three snow layers to fit behind the frame and attach with double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Cut the deer using white cardstock.
- Attach small pieces of greenery and red circles to the neck of the fawn using glossy accents.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the fawn and doe, tuck them in behind the snow layers and attach to the card base.
The Greenery and Berries
- Cut the greenery using green cardstock.
- Apply white gesso to the tips of the greenery using a small brush and set aside to dry.
- Tuck the greenery in behind the snow layers and around the deer and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut the berry branches using green cardstock and the berries using red cardstock.
- Use the jewel picker to pick up the red berries and attach them to the green berry branches using glossy accents.
- Tuck the berry branches in behind the snow layers and attach with glossy accents.
- Apply sparkle to the berries using a clear overlay pen.
- Cut the birds using red cardstock.
- Apply black to the beaks using a black Copic marker.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach to the scene.
I looking making white on white cards with pops of color. The die cut deer and pine scene is a perfect example of how the all the all white main images pop with the bright greenery and red birds. I hope you are inspired to create a white on white winter scene of your own. Thank you for coming by today. I appreciate you checking in and your supportive comments so much. Happy Friday and upcoming weekend.