Today I’m sharing a clean and simple hearts and love sentiment Valentine card with tiny flowers and ivy leaf embellishments. I used the Rubbernecker Nested Rectangle Scallop, Love #2, Heart Outline Stitch, Small Flowers #2, Large Ivy, Small Ivy and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Scalloped Layer and Card Base
- Create an A2 sized card base using white cardstock.
- Cut the scalloped rectangle using white cardstock.
- Cut a red layer 1/4″ larger than the scalloped layer and attach them together using strips of mounting tape
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the red and white rectangle layer and attach it to the card base.
The Love Sentiment
- Cut the love sentiment using red cardstock.
- Place a strip of double stick tape on a clean surface and roll up into a string to use on the back of the sentiment.
- Attach the strip of tape to the back of the sentiment and attach it to the card base. Note: I like using rolled up double stick tape on the back of delicate die cut sentiments. It is thin enough not to show and yet holds the sentiment away from the card base.
- Cut the hearts out using red and white cardstock.
- Layer a white heart and red out line heart together and attach on the back using double stick tape.
- Apply piece of mounting tape to the back of the two red hearts and attach them to the corner of the card base.
- Attach a double layer of mounting tape to the white and red heart and attach between the two red hearts.
The Flowers and Ivy
- Use red cardstock to cut the flowers and green cardstock to cut the ivy.
- Trim two leaves off of an ivy branch and attach to the center heart using glossy accents.
- Form the flowers using a stylus and molding pad.
- Assemble the flower sections together and attach using glossy accents.
- Attach the flowers to the ivy using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching two small ivy leaves and one tiny flower bud to the L and the E on the sentiment using glossy accents.
Do you like to use hearts and love sentiments on your Valentine cards? The dies I used today could also be done in white and gold or white and silver to make anniversary or wedding cards. Check out this Pinterest link for lots of hearts and love inspiration. I appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a wonderful day.
The dies used for my card.
The tools and supplies.