I love to use red, white and green to create Valentine card with a die cut love sentiment embellished with flowers and foliage. The decorative framing in all white creates dimension and interest but still allows the sentiment , flowers and ivy to be the main focus. For this project I used the Rubbernecker Rectangle Combo #3, Love, Small Flowers #2, Large Ivy, Small Ivy and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Frame and Card Base
- Create an A2 sized card base using white cardstock.
- Cut the Rectangle Combo frames using white cardstock.
- Turn the frame sections face down and apply 1/2″ double stick tape all the way around to attach the sections together.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
The Love Sentiment
- Cut the love sentiment using red cardstock.
- Place a strip of double stick tape on a clean surface and roll up into a string to use on the back of the sentiment.
- Attach the strip of tape to the back of the sentiment and attach it to the card base. Note: I like using rolled up double stick tape on the back of delicate die cut sentiments. It is thin enough not to show and yet holds the sentiment away from the card base.
The Flowers and Ivy
- Use red cardstock to cut the flowers and green cardstock to cut the ivy.
- Trim the ends off the large ivy and attach two to each corner of the frame using glossy accents.
- Form the flowers using a stylus and molding pad.
- Assemble the two flower sections together and attach using glossy accents.
- Attach the flowers to the ivy using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching two small ivy leaves and one tiny flower bud to the O on the sentiment using glossy accents.
Have you checked out the Rubbernecker New Year’s sale? You won’t want to miss it.
I think the love sentiment is so pretty made into a Valentine. The flowers and ivy set it off perfectly and creates such an elegant card. Check out this Pinterest link for more die cut love sentiment inspiration. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great weekend.
The dies used for my project.
The tools and supplies.
A die cut love sentiment is perfect for Valentines.