Today I’m sharing an elegant paper flower card made using the Rubbernecker Poinsettia #2 and Floral Frame. The sentiment was made using the newly released Thinking of You stamp. Forming the petals of the poinsettia forward instead of back with the stylus and molding pad creates a totally different and unique flower.
The Card Base and Sentiment
- Cut an A2 sized card base using white cardstock.
- Secure the cardstock and Thinking of You stamp in the MISTI.
- Apply Versafine Clair Nocturne ink to the stamp and stamp the sentiment.
The Floral Frame
- Cut the Floral Frame using white cardstock and the foliage branches using green cardstock.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Set the green branches aside to attach after the flower has been secured in place.
- Cut the Poinsettias using purple cardstock and the tiny flower centers using white cardstock.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and use the large ball stylus to push and roll the petals up. Note: I used two large and one small sections for the large flower and three small sections for the small flower.
- Attach the flower sections together using glossy accents.
- Form the tiny white flowers using the small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Use glossy accents to attach several of the tiny flowers in a circular pattern in the center of each flower.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the flowers and attach them to the corners of the card.
- Tuck the green branches under the flowers and attach using glossy accents.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my paper flower card and the different flower that I created using the poinsettia die. The purple flowers, green foliage and floral frame create such a pretty and elegant setting for the sentiment. Check out this Pinterest link for more paper flower inspiration. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have great day.
Here are the dies and stamp used to make my card.
Here are the tools and supplies.
Making a paper flower card is fun.