Today I have yet another card made with die cuts from Rubbernecker and I created all of these – this one and this one – so you could see the HUGE variety of looks and styles you can get using the same flower die cuts with variations in color, backgrounds and little added details. This is one of the reasons I love – and work exclusively for! – Rubbernecker. They spend a lot of time and resources creating dies that can be used in so many ways, making your budget and creativity go so much further!
Before I start my project description I want to show the new Rubbernecker nested dies and shaped pattern dies. I will be sharing more projects using these dies in the coming week. I especially love the look of the die cut patterns done in white and layered over colored cardstock.
The Inner Scallop Circle Layer
- Cut the Inner Scallop layer using white cardstock.
- Place the cardstock on the cutting platform and line up the Circle die where you want it to cut.
- Run through the die cutting machine.
- Apply strips of mounting tape around the outer back edges of the cardstock and place a few small pieces in key places in the center of the circle cuts. Note: mounting tape in the center of the circle cuts will hold the paper up from collapsing.
- Attach the die cut layer to the card base.
The Flowers and Butterlfies
- Cut the large flowers using white cardstock and the tiny flowers using brown cardstock.
- Use green cardstock to cut the flower stems.
- Color the flower petals using Wild Honey ink and a mini applicator.
- Form the large flowers using a large round stylus and molding pad and form the tiny flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the tiny flowers and attach them to the top portion of the large flowers.
- Use glossy accents to attach the flowers to the stems.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the stems and square pieces of mounting tape to the back of each flower.
- Attach the stem and flowers to the card base.
- Cut the butterflies using yellow cardstock, attach pre made white Nuvo Crystal Drops using glossy accents and attach them to the card base using glossy accents.
I know we all love a card made with die cuts – check out what you have that you go to over and over and switch it up for a whole new look! Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a good week.
The dies I used for this project.
Here are to tools and supplies I used.
We all love a card made with die cuts.