The other day I shared this project and today I want to show you another fabulous “card starter” with the side step card base, also from The Paper Cut. Using precut card templates from card kits is a smart and easy way to create a dimensional card and give your inspiration a reality. For this cute scene card I used the Rubbernecker Winter Tree, Patio Set, Grass, Leaf Group, Leaf Buds , Knob Top Fence, Flower Buds, Tiny Flower Buds, Small Flowers #1, Mixable Flower Stack 5107D (sun), Small Butterflies and Cloud Tree.
The Stair Step Card Base
- Use green cardstock to cut the grass layers.
- Cut two strip 5 1/2″ wide and approximately 1 1/2″ tall.
- Cut two strips 3 3/8″ wide and approximately 1 1/2″ tall.
- Use blue card stock to cut the front panel and the back stair step panel.
- Attach the blue layers to the front panel and back stair step using ATG adhesive,
- Apply ATG adhesive to the grass layers and attach them to the card base and steps.
The Fence and Tree
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the tree and apply Antique Linen and Vintage Photo ink by swiping the pads directly over the cardstock. Note: After applying ink to the tree I like to blend the ink colors with a wet baby wipe and then I heat dry.
- Cut the leaf buds using green cardstock and the tiny flowers using pink cardstock and attach them to the tree branches using glossy accents. Note: form the tiny flower buds using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Tuck the tree in behind the grass layer on the back stair step and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut two sections of fence, overlap the two sections together and attach using glossy accents.
- Trim the fence to fit the stair step, attach the fence posts on both sides and tuck in behind the grass section and attach using strips of mounting tape.
The Patio Table
- Use gold metallic cardstock to cut the table, chairs and umbrella stand and aqua cardstock to cut the umbrella.
- Place a strip of 1/8″ ink double stick tape on a clean surface.
- Roll the double stick tape into a thin rope with your finger.
- Attach the thin strips of rolled up tape to the back of the table, chairs and umbrella stand and attach to the card base.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the umbrella and attach it to the card base.
The Sun, Flowers, Cloud and Butterflies
- Use green cardstock to cut the leaf group sections and cut the branches apart to use as flower stems.
- Cut the flowers using multiple colors of pastel cardstock and form the flowers using a stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the flowers to the branches using glossy accents.
- Tuck the branches in behind the grass sections and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut the sun using bright yellow cardstock and cloud using white cardstock and attach them to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Cut the butterflies using bright yellow cardstock and attach them to the scene using glossy accents.
- For the finishing touch create a tiny floral arrangement for the table using leaf buds and tiny flower buds and attach them using glossy accents.
Have you ever made one of these cards? If the complicated cutting instructions have been an obstacle, think about grabbing a packet of the side step card templates and make it easy! You can find lots and lots of stair step card inspiration on Pinterest. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Here are the dies I used for this sweet project.
Here are the tools and supplies.
Side step cards are perfect to create dimensional cards.