This clean and simple macrame planters card was fast and easy and is such a pretty card for any occasion. I have all kinds of ideas running through my head on how to use these dies. My next card will definitely be with at least one hanging in front of a die cut window. For this project i used the Rubbernecker Macrame Planters, Leaves and Greenery, Small Flowers #3, Tiny Flower Buds, Nested Rectangle Scallop and Best Friends stamp set.
The Scalloped Card Base
- Cut a piece of aqua and white cardstock 5.50″ by 4.25″ each.
- Use the largest dies in the Nested Rectangle Scallop set to cut out both pieces of cardstock.
- Line up and center the die on the aqua cardstock and cut out to create the outer frame for the card base.
- Cut the white cardstock layer using the same large die.
- Use a 5.50″ strip of aqua cardstock and large die to cut the valance border.
- Stamp the sentiment on the white scallop layer using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Turn the white layer and aqua frame face down and attach the two together using double stick tape.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the layers and attach to the white card base.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the scalloped valance layer and attach it to the top of the card.
The Macrame Planters, Foliage and Flowers
- Cut the macrame hangers using cream cardstock and apply Antique Linen ink to each using a mini applicator.
- Use bright pink, aqua and yellow cardstock to cut the planters.
- Apply glossy accents to the hangers and attach them to the planters.
- Cut the Leaves and Greenery set out several times using green cardstock.
- Tuck the foliage in behind and around the plant hangers and attach using glossy accents. Note: The Leaves and Greenery set has several different shapes of foliage that are so perfect to work with these macrame planters.
- Use bright pink, aqua and yellow cardstock to cut the flowers and form them all using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Arrange and attach the flowers to the foliage using glossy accents.
- Attach pre made white Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centers of the larger flowers.
- Finish by attaching the macrame planters to the card base using mounting tape.
How would you use these dies to make a macrame planters card? I can envision creating outdoor and indoor window scenes with the planters hanging near or in front of the window. I appreciate you coming by today and I hope you are taking good care of yourselves during this trying time..
Here are the dies and stamp set used for my project.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
Making this macrame planters card was lots of fun.