Yes, I know, MORE beach scene greeting cards! But I am drawn to these and cards with bright colors because sunnier days ARE coming and I want to do my part to remind people that there are better times ahead. This card with its little scooter just waiting for someone to jump on and zip away makes me feel hopeful!
The Card Base
- The card base was made using a pre scored A2 sized card from The Paper Cut White Double Shutter Card kit.
- Use your bone folder to sharpen the folds of the card.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 5 3/8″ x 11″ sections to fit the card base.
- Apply the ocean and sky using masking tape, a blender brush, cloud stencil and Tumbled Glass ink.
- Mask off the sky area and apply ink to the bottom portion of the card using the blender brush.
- Remove the mask and apply the clouds to the sky area using the blender brush and cloud stencil.
- Cut four 1 15/16″ x 5 3/8″ sections of the ocean sky base. .
- Cut one 4 1/16″ x 5 3/8″ section of the ocean sky base.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the blue layers and attach to the card base.
- Use your finger to apply white embossing paste to the ocean and then sprinkle with clear glitter.
The Beach, Palm Trees and Grass
- Cut the beach layers using Kraft cardstock. Apply Antique Linen ink to the layers using the ink pad direct to paper technique.
- eight 1 15/16″ x 1″ beach layers layers.
- two 4 1/16″ x 1″ beach layers.
- Apply double stick tape to the beach layers and attach to the flaps and center card section.
- Cut the palm trees using green and c=Kraft cardstock. Apply Antique Linen ink to the tree trunks.
- Assemble and attach the palm fronds to the trunks using glossy accents.
- Tuck the trees in behind the beach layers and attach using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut the sea grasses and tuck them in behind the beach layers and attach with glossy accents.
The Scooter, Towel, Sun and Birds
- Cut the scooter parts using teal, gray, and black cardstock.
- Attach the body parts together using strips of rolled up double stick tape and attach the trim pieces to the scooter using glossy accents.
- Create the towel by cutting several thin colorful strips of cardstock and attaching them to a piece of cardstock. Use snips to cut a line of fringe along the bottom of the towel and then attach it to the scooter using glossy accents.
- Cut the sun using bright yellow cardstock, apply yellow stickles to add sparkle and attach it to the sky area using mounting tape.
- Apply Pumice Stone ink to the birds and attach them to the sky area using small pieces of mounting tape.
Whether you live near the ocean or just wish you did or just love the idea of taking a little sandy side trip on this cute little scooter, I hope these beach scene greeting cards make YOU think of the sunny days to come! Check out this link to my beach cards for more sunny inspiration. And if you need more salt air and sunny inspiration check out this Pinterest link. Today is the last day of the Rubbernecker sale so be sure and check it out if you haven’t already. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend. Stay home and stay safe!
Here are the dies used to make my card.
Here are the tools and supplies.