I don;t know about you but I like to keep a simple birthday card or two on hand when an “emergent” need arises. Those emergent needs happen to me more often than I would like to admit. Since I have gotten a little older birthdays seem to slip up one me. Ugh! I hate to miss my loved ones birthdays. This clean and simple card took just a few minutes to make. Rubbernecker released several new background stamps recently and I couldn’t wait to get a few. For this card I used the Birthday Background and the sentiment from the It’s Spring Time set. The picture doesn’t show off the pretty gold embossing used for the images but I love the vibrant colors of the balloons water colored with Color Fuse inks. Oh……and don’t die of shock that there are no die cuts on this card. LOL!
The Birthday Background and Balloons
- Secure the white cardstock and Birthday Background stamp in the MISTI.
- Dust the cardstock with the Embossing Magic Bag. Note: Gold embossing powder sticks all over the cardstock if not well dusted.
- Apply Versamark to the stamp and stamp the image. Repeat the stamping process to make sure you get a good crisp image.
- Apply Superfine Gold Embossing Powder and tap off excess powder.
- Use a heat gun to heat the embossing powder.
- Stamp the balloon section of the background a second time and emboss.
- Watercolor the balloons with Color Fuse inks and a water brush.
- Fussy cut the balloons out. and set aside.
The Sentiment and Gold Embossed Layer
- Stamp the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and emboss with gold powder.
- Cut a strip of cardstock to fit behind the sentiment layer.
- Apply Versa to both edges of the cardstock, apply gold embossing powder and emboss.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the gold layer using double stick tape.
Assemble the Card
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the birthday background layer and attach it to the A2 sized card base.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the birthday background using double stick tape.
- Use glue dots to attach the gold string to the back of the balloons.
- Tie the three strings together with bow made using a separate piece of gold strings.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the balloons and attach them to the card base.
- Finish by securing the gold bow and strings to the sentiment layer using a rolled up glue dot.
A simple birthday card is always nice to have on hand but I like making fancier ones as well. Check out my Die Cut Birthday Cake and Birthday Card with Alphabet and Number Dies to see more birthday cards. And when in doubt, you can always count on getting inspiration from Pinterest. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a great Wednesday.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for this card.
Here are the tools and supplies.