I wanted to make a feminine with love card so I paired the Nested Circle Scallop w/ Holes and the 2 Part Butterfly #3 along with the Large Ivy, Small Flowers #3 and Kittie Says Phrases #1.. The bright pink and green color combination is so striking against the white background. The hearts on the designer paper adds another element of love on this card.
The Card Base and Sentiment
- Cut an A2 sized card base, the eyelet circle and the sentiment strips using white cardstock.
- Use designer paper to cut the lower portion of the card base.
- Trim off the bottom portion of the eyelet circle, apply double stick tape to the back bottom section and pieces of mounting tape to the back top.
- Attach the eyelet circle to the card base.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the designer paper and attach it to the bottom of the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment using Nocturne ink and emboss it with clear embossing powder.
- Attach the sentiment strip of the designer paper section using double stick tape.
The Butterfly, Ivy and Flowers
- Cut the butterfly sections using white and bright pink cardstock.
- Attach the two butterfly sections together using glossy accents.
- Cut the large ivy and flower stems using green cardstock and the small flowers using bright pink cardstock.
- Place the ivy sections and small flowers face up on the molding pad.
- Form the leaves using the leaf tool and the tiny flowers using a small tipped stylus.
- Attach flower stems to the body of the butterfly using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach three small flowers to the flower stems on the body of the butterfly.
- Attach the ivy sections to the card base using glossy accents.
- Apply a piece of mounting tape to the back of the butterfly and attach it to the card base.
- Finish the arrangement by attaching small flowers to the ivy sections using glossy accents.
I love this with love card with the feminine images and bright colors. We most often think of using pastel colors for feminine cards. You can see the same bright color combination that I used on my project to day on my Bright Paper Flowers for Spring card and Butterfly Greeting card. For more love card inspiration check out this Pinterest link. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a great week.
Here are the dies and stamp set used for this card.
Here are the tools and supplies.
I love this with love card with the feminine images and bright colors.
3 thoughts on “With Love Card”
Kittie, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE how you’ve done the butterfly on top of the doily type of die & THE IVY! (One of my FAVORITE DIES! LOL) LOVE the colors you chose too! JUST GORGEOUS & YES, VERY “FEMININE!” ;)<3
What a beautiful card to start my Tuesday morning with.