Today I’m sharing a golf cart card made using several new dies for the Rubbernecker release. Wouldn’t this be perfect to give to an avid golfer for any occasion, For this card I used the new Golf Cart, Golf Bag and Flag Stick and Tabbed Mountains paired with the Winter Tree, Spring Leaves, Small Birds and Inside Scallop Nested set. You can check out all the new dies in the release at the bottom of my post.
The Scene Base
- Cut the Inside Scallop layer using white cardstock and the largest rectangle die in the set.
- Mask of the top and sides of the background layer using masking tape.
- Apply Beachside ink to the background layer using a blender brush to create the sky area..
- Use a cloud template, the Beachside Ink and blender brush to apply a few clouds on the blue sky background.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sky background layer and attach it to the A2 sized card base.
- Use green cardstock to cut the mountain layers.
- Cut the edges and bottom of the mountain layers using the Inside Scallop die so they will match the background layer.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the green layers and attach them to the background layer.
- Cut the tree using woodgrain cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to tree by swiping the ink pad directly over the tree.
- Trim the branches off to create a smaller tree so it will fit well into the scene.
- Cut the leaves using green cardstock.
- Place all the leaves face up on the molding pad and gently push down on the center of them using the leaf tool.
- Attach the leaves to the tree branches using glossy accents. Hint: I use my reverse tweezers to pick up and place the small leaves on the branches.
- Apply a strip of rolled up double stick tape to the back of the tree trunk and branches, tuck it in behind the grass layer and attach to the scene base.
The Golf Cart, Golf Bag and Flag Stick
- Use blue, yellow, black and gray cardstock to cut out the golf cart pieces.
- Assemble the colored parts and pieces that you want to use to build the cart. Note: I kept all the parts and pieces left over to use on future cards.
- Use glossy accents to attach the main cart sections together
- Use rolled strips of double stick tape to attach the yellow fender and cart roof to the cart base.
- Cut the golf bag using red and black cardstock and the golf cart using gray cardstock.
- Attach the bag pieces together using glossy accents and attach several golf clubs to the back of the bag using glossy accents.
- Attach the golf bag and clubs to the back of the golf cart using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the golf cart to the scene base..
- Use red and white cardstock to cut the flag stick and green cardstock to cut the golf hole.
- Apply a small piece of black cardstock behind the golf hole using glossy accents and then attach it to the fairway using glossy accents.
- Apply a small piece of mounting tape to the back of the flag and glossy accents to the bottom oft stick and attach it to the hole and scene base.
- Finish the cart by cutting a few red birds and attach them in the sky using pieces of mounting tape.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I created my golf cart card. I think the mountain layers make the perfect backdrop for the fairway and golf cart. Have you had the chance to check out the new Rubbernecker release? There are so many fun new dies to play with. I hope you’ll hop over there and see what you may need to add to your wish list. Oh….and before I forget…..I will be posting a tutorial of how to assemble the new Shadow Box Frames. You won’t believe how easy they are to put together.
Here are the dies used for this fun project.
Here are links to the whole new die release.