Today I’m sharing a sandcastle beach card with colorful beach toys and a sparkly ocean background. For this project I used the newly released Sandcastle and Sand Toys paired with the Deckle Hills, Mixable Flower Stack, Birds, Inside Scallop Nested Set and Nested Rectangle Set.
The Card Base and Ocean Sky Background
- Cut the white and teal layers using the two largest dies from the Inside Scallop set.
- Use the Nested Rectangle set to cut a slim frame for the scene.
- Mask off the outer edges of the white layer.
- Cut a straight mask across the middle of the white layer and then use a blender brush to apply Beachside Ink.
- Remove the mask and then use a cloud stencil and blender brush to create the sky area using Beachside ink.
- Remove the mask and dab a light layer of white embossing paste to the water using your finger.
- Sprinkle the embossing paste with clean glitter and then set it aside to dry.
- Attach the scene layer to the teal layer using ATG adhesive and then attach the two layers to the A2 sized card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Apply 1/8″double stick tape to the back of the teal frame and attach it to the scene base.
The Sandcastle and Sand Layer
- Use Kraft cardstock to cut the sand layer and the Sandcastle.
- Cut the flag and flagpole using white and red cardstock.
- Use the Inside Scallop die to the cut the bottom and sides of the sand layer so it will match the scene layer.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the sand layer and sandcastle sections by swiping the ink pad directly over each piece.
- Attach the sand layer to the scene layer using a strip of mounting tape.
- Assemble the sandcastle pieces and attach them together using strips of rolled up double stick tape.
- Attach the red flag to the flagpole using glossy accents and then attach it to the tower of the sandcastle using glossy accents.
- Tuck the sandcastle in behind the sand layer and attach in place using pieces of mounting tape.
- Note: The Sandcastle set comes in several pieces that can be used to create different sized sandcastles.
Complete the Scene
- Cut the Sand Toys using bright pink, teal and bright yellow cardstock.
- Use bright yellow cardstock to cut the sun. Note: The flower die creates such a fun sun with the thin petals looking like sun rays.
- Attach the sun to the frame using pieces of mounting tape.
- Assemble the toy sections and attach using glossy accents.
- Tuck the ball in behind the sand layer and attach using a piece of mounting tape.
- Attach the buck using a piece of mounting tape and the shovel and rake using glossy accents.
- Finish by coloring the bird using Chill ink and a mini applicator and attach it to the sky area using a piece of mounting tape.
This sandcastle beach card is just one of several that I have made using new dies from the Rubbernecker June release. Check out my Shadow Box Frame Beach Scene to see a card with lots more details. Check out this link for more sandcastle beach card inspiration. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.