Yes, I am fully aware this is the wrong season for this but after I made this for the Rubbernecker Slimline release I looked it over and realized it’s a perfect idea for clean and simple Valentine cards! And it was so super easy to make! Of course the hearts could send any kind of love message but, I don’t know, I am seeing a Valentine! My favorite thing about this new Slimline OPC Hearts is all the tiny hearts that can be stored and used on all kinds of projects. I used them here in the center of the frames along with the tiny leaves cut from the Flower Stems and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Slimline Heart Frame and Card Base
- Cut a white 3.50″ x 8.50″ piece of cardstock, score in the center and fold.
- Cut the slimline frame using pink cardstock.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the white card base.
The Hearts and Flowers
- Attach two hearts together with mounting tape for each frame opening.
- Use green cardstock to cut the flower stems.
- Cut the tiny leaves off of the flower stems and attach them to the hearts using glossy accents.
- Cut the flower buds using light and dark pink cardstock.
- Form the the flowers using a molding pad and tiny tipped stylus.
- Attach the flowers to the leaves using glossy accents.
This card is perfect for a new baby girl, for any person who loves pink, for anyone YOU love and, certainly, as one of a batch of clean and simple Valentine cards – you can get started early! Take a look at my Slimline Category to see all the cards I’ve made with using a slimline layout. Check out this Pinterest slimline board if you would like even more slimline inspiration. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a good day.
Here are the Rubbernecker dies used for this card.
Here are the other tools and supplies used.