I had to make this summer card because while I know people are already talking about back to school, I am declaring that the summer is NOT over! I made this fun, beachy summer card to help us all hold on to this season! You can find lots more summer card inspiration in my Beach Category. This card was made using Rubbernecker’s Slimline Solid Postage, Deckle Hills, Palm Trees, Beach Bag, Sun Moon, Small Birds and Seaweed Coral.
Scene Background and Card Base
- Cut an 8.50″ x 3.50″ card base and the postage slimline using white cardstock and a 8.25″ x 3.25″ aqua layer.
- Score the card base lengthwise at 3.50″, fold and attach the aqua layer using ATG adhesive.
- Attach masking tape around all sides of the postage slimline layer and across the top half of the layer.
- Use a large blender brush to apply light blue ink to the bottom portion of the layer to create the ocean.
- Remove the middle masking tape and apply the light blue ink ti the sky area using a blender brush.
- Use a small pointed palette knife to apply touches of white embossing paste to the ocean to create seafoam.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scene layer and attach it to the card base.
- Cut tan 8.50″ layer of Kraft cardstock, place the layer on the cutting platform and cut with the deckle hill die.
- Reposition the deckle hill die at the end of the first cut and run through the machine a second time to create a sand layer long enough to fit across the whole scene.
- Position the sand layer on the platform and line up the postage slimline die and run through the machine to create a matching border edge.
- Apply light brown ink to the sand layer ui9sng a blender brush and attach it to the scene using strips of mounting tape.
Palm Trees, Foliage and Sun
- Cut the palm frond and foliage sections using green cardstock and the tree trunks using Kraft cardstock.
- Apply brown ink to the palm tree trunks using a mini applicator.
- Form the palm fronds using your fingers and attach to the trunks using glossy accents.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the trees, tuck them in behind the sand layer and attach to the scene base.
- Tuck the foliage sections in behind the sand layer and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut the sun using yellow cardstock and attach it to the top of the scene layer using mounting tape.
The Beach Bag and Birds
- Cut the beach bag and accessories using teal, light green and yellow cardstock and the tiny flower using aqua cardstock.
- Assemble all the pieces and attach them together using glossy accents and rolled up double stick tape. Note: I cut two extra pieces of the back half of the hat section using yellow and green cardstock to use to embellish the beach bag.
- Attach the beach bag, hat and flip flops to the sand layer using mounting tape and glossy accents.
- Cut the small birds using white cardstock and apply light touches of gray ink using a mini applicator.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach them to the sky area of the scene base.
Here are all the supplies I used to make this beachy card:
How about you? Still enjoying the warmer weather? Don’t let it it end yet – make a summer card for your beach-loving friend and send it off with some sunshiney wishes! I appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a wonderful day.