A clean and simple handmade Christmas card is fast and easy to make when you’re going to mass produce holiday greetings for your loved ones. To make this card I used the Stockings in Circle, Nested Circles, Tiny Leaves and Christmas Phrases Large and Small.
The Stockings in Circle
- Cut the Stockings in Circle using red cardstock.
- Use white cardstock to cut the toppers of the stockings.
- Attach the white toppers to the stockings using rolled up double stick tape.
- Cut the tiny holly leaves using green cardstock, form them using the leaf tool and molding pad and attach them to the stocking toppers using glossy accents.
- Punch out 1/8″ circles and attach one to each of the stockings using glossy accents.
- Photo tip: Adding a small touch of red and green to the white stocking toppers makes it pop against the white background. Not only does it draw the eye in but it also helps my camera expose more correctly in auto mode since I’m basically a point and shoot photographer.
Finish the Card
- Cut a white 5.50″ x 4.25″ layer to fit on the front of the card.
- Place it on the cutting platform, line up the largest circle die and run through the machine.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the white frame layer and attach to the red Stocking in Circle layer.
- Lay the framed Stockings in Circle in place of the card base to figure out the placement for the sentiment.
- Remove the framed Stockings in Circle and stamp the sentiment with black ink.
- Apply double stick tape around the back of the frames and small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the stockings and attach them to the card base.
I hope this inspires you to make a simple handmade Christmas card for a sweet and simple card of your own! I love Christmas stockings and how these are the major focus of the card.