The season is here and this DIY campground card is perfect for your friends who love to fish!
This DIY campground card combines two of people’s favorite outdoor pursuits – camping and fishing. I am so excited that the new fishing dies work so perfectly with Rubbernecker’s existing camping dies! It’s really fun to spend the time to create a whole scene with all the details I think make it feel so ready to just plop down and enjoy the great outdoors.
The Frame and Scene Base
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base.
- Apply light blue ink to the sky area and darker blue to the lower ground area using a blender brush.
- Cut four grass layers with a straight edge bottom and one grass layer with a deckle edge.
- Attach two straight edged grass layers and the deckle edge layer to the card base using ATG adhesive. Note: I used the grass section with the deckle edge along the water edge to look more natural.
- Cut the frame using red cardstock and apply ATG adhesive to the back bottom and attach one grass section.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Apply a strips of mounting tape to the last grass section and attach it to the front of the frame.
The Campground Accessories, Tree and Foliage
- Cut the tent, stool, tackle box, thermos and hat using red and blue cardstock.
- Assemble all the pieces for each item and attach them together using glossy accents and mounting tape.
- Use white cardstock to cut the fish and color them using green and orange ink and mini applicators.
- Cut the campfire sections using brown colored woodgrain and yellow cardstock and attach them together using glossy accents.
- Use woodgrain cardstock to cut the boat and red cardstock to cut the oars .
- Cut the tree branches using brown colored woodgrain, the leaves using green cardstock , form the leaves using a leaf tool and molding pad and attach the leaves to the branches using glossy accents.
- Use yellow, blue, silver and white cardstock to cut the fishing rod, hook and line.
- Use green cardstock to cut the cattails and reeds and color the tops of the cattails using a brown marker.
Finish the Campground Scene
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the top section of the tent, tuck it in behind the grass sections and attach to the card base.
- Cut a portion of the boat off the back, attach the oars using glossy accents, tuck it in behind the front grass sections and attach using mounting tape.
- Use pieces of mounting tape to the stool, tackle box, campfire and thermos to the scene.
- Tuck the tree branches in behind the grass and attach using rolled up strips of double stick tape and tiny pop dots behind a few leaves.
- Hang the fish on the water’s edge using glossy accents and tiny pop dots.
- Use glossy accents to attach the fishing rod.
If you would like to see other cards made using these fun dies take a look at my Z Fold Camping Card, Fishing Father’s Card and Make a Father’s Day Card.
5176-01D Deckle Frame Die
5323-03D Camping Tent Die
5411-02D Tackle box Die
5411-01D Fishing vest Die
5411-03D Reeds Die
5323-04D Lake Boat Die
5323-01D Camp Fire Die
5173-02D Deckle Hills Die Cut
5403D Half Tree Die
5334-02D Tiny Leaves #2 Die
Tabed Grass Set Die Cut 5152-03D
Color Fuse Set #3
Color Fuse Set #2
Color Fuse Set #9
Paper Blossom Tool Kit 4/Pkg
Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
PanPastel Sofft Applicators 12/Pkg
Glossy Accents .5oz
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider & Tape
Scor-Tape .5″ X 27yd
Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting…
Amazon.com: Mini Foam Dots…
Picket Fence Studios – Tools – Life…
Amazon.com: Scotch 1/2-Inch by…
Fiskars 01-005452 Recycled Bypass…
Teflon Bone Folder, Essentials by Ellen
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12×12
Now that you can create a DIY campground card perfectly customized to your fishing friends, what would you like to see next? I love hearing your suggestions and ideas and I might just have to make a card around one of them!