You know you are singing it – check out my yellow submarine card!
Even if you aren’t a Beatles fan, I bet you would be at least humming the tune if you received this yellow submarine card! I worked with Rob to create this set of dies to make a little submarine to add some pizzazz to underwater and ocean cards and I am pretty sure that ANYONE who gets their hands on this will make at least ONE yellow submarine card for someone!
The Card Base and Words
- Cut an A2 sized card base using white cardstock.
- Use a pencil and ruler to draw two very light lines on the top of the card base to use as a guide for the words.
- Stamp each individual word letter from Toy Blocks and Letters Combo set the across the two lines using a small acrylic block using black ink.
- Heat set the words using a heat gun and gently erase the lines.
- Cut a bright yellow 5.50″ x 4.25″ piece of cardstock.
- Place on the cutting platform, line up the largest nested scallop die and run through the machine.
- Cut a red 5.50″ x 4.25′ piece of cardstock.
- Place on the cutting platform, line up the third largest nested rectangle die and run through the machine.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the scalloped frame and attach it to the red mat frame.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the red frame and attach it to the card base.
- Use colorful cardstock to cut the submarine parts. I liked the bright yellow, red and black combination but the combinations are endless.
- Attach the parts together using glossy accents and small pop dots. Note: Check out the labeled parts above for assembling the submarine.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to a few key places on the back of the submarine and attach it to the card base.
- Finish by attaching a few pre made black Nuvo crystal drops to add interest to the white card base.
Check out my Handmade Underwater Card to see how I used the submarine and fish to create another fun card.
So now that you have a ear worm with the song running through your head, you almost HAVE to get this die set and make just one yellow submarine card to get it out of your system!