Got lots of leftover die cut flowers? Use this new die to transform them into something gorgeous!
As I mentioned in this post, I often end up with lots of little leftover die cut flowers, leaves and other bits and pieces. And something totally prevents me from just throwing them away but how many can I keep? This new Spring Wreath die from Rubbernecker is a perfect solution! Its simple construction – one easy layer – but pretty shaping means it works beautifully with loads of different flower shapes.
To make this I paired the Spring Wreath with the Nested Loops, Small Flowers #4 and Kittie Says Spring Time.
Card Base and Sentiment Layer
- Use white cardstock to cut an 2 sized card base and the largest nesting die.
- Use purple cardstock to cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ layer and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Secure the white layer and sentiment stamp in the MISTI, apply black ink to the stamp and stamp the sentiment.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the purple card base using ATG adhesive.
Wreath and Flowers
- Use green cardstock to cut the spring wreath.
- Cut the bow and small flowers using purple cardstock.
- Attach tiny pop dots to the back of the wreath and attach it to the sentiment layer.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and push down in the centers using a small tipped stylus.
- Attach the flowers around the wreath using glossy accents.
- Attach the bow to the wreath using small pop dots.
- Finish by applying small crystal gems to the flower centers and bow center.
This was such a fast and easy card to make. Check out my How To Add Color To Paper Flowers post to see another example of a simple card with lots of impact. Have you had a chance to check out the new Rubbernecker Die Release?
So does this fabulous new wreath die cut totally change how you are looking at that pile of leftover die cut flowers! This is the perfect solution for batch card making, too! Cut a bunch of these darling wreaths from all different colors of card stock, make yourself some easy die cut layers – don’t miss the new Fancy Decorative Nested Die set, and when you have a few minutes, make a card or two!
So pretty, Kittie. Those tiny gems in the flower centers add such a nice touch.
I love the playfulness of the loopy frame– so cute! and it coordinates well with those tiny flowers. Your Springtime sentiments are terrific!
Beautiful wreath and framing of it, love the gem centers