You can make this fast and easy Halloween card in no time flat!
You all know I just love using dies to make multi-dimensional looks on my cards. You may not know that I also love a good quick project like this fast and easy Halloween card. With the new Rubbernecker Paper Pads, I am finding making these cute, quick and still send-worthy cards are so much easier to make! The patterns are perfectly sized and scaled for cards so I am not hunting through stacks of papers to find a pattern that works and since Rubbernecker curated the designs in the papers to coordinate with die shapes they already have in the store, putting together fast and easy handmade cards is, well, fast and easy!
Today’s card is a perfect example. I used the newly released Rubbernecker Witch Hat and Cauldron set paired with the new Spook-Tacular designer paper. I love how this die set matches perfectly with the cute paper.
Card Base and Crimped Layer
- Cut an A2 sized card base using white cardstock and a 5.25″ x 4.00″ piece of purple cardstock.
- Attach the purple layer to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Cut a 1.50″ x 5.50″ strip of cardstock using white cardstock and run it through the crimper. Pro Tip: I know many people think a crimper is way too old-school to use on our projects. I love the added touch of interest and dimension the crimping adds without taking away from the main focal images. I keep my crimper in a drawer right by where I work for easy access. Maybe you should dig yours out and dust it off.
- Cut a 1.75″ x 5.50″ strip of purple cardstock.
- Attach the crimper strip to the purple strip using ATG adhesive.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the layered strips and attach them to the card base.
Witch Hat, Broom and Cauldron
- Use black cardstock to cut the witch hat and white cardstock to cut the band and buckle.
- Use a mini applicator and Odyssey ink to color the band and a mustard marker to color the buckle.
- Attach the band and buckle to the hat using glossy accents.
- Use gray and black cardstock to cut the cauldron sections.
- Apply light touches of the Odyssey ink to the body of the cauldron using a mini applicator.
- Color the witch’s brew using the mustard marker and attach it to the cauldron using glossy accents.
- Finish the cauldron by attaching the black handles using glossy accents.
- Cut the broom sections using white cardstock.
- Color the broom handle and tie using a dark brown marker and the straw section using Mocha ink and a mini applicator.
- Attach the broom sections together using glossy accents.
- Apply mounting tape to the hat, broom and cauldron, center and line up the section and attach them to the crimped layer.
Super cute, right? Here’s what I used to make this card and you can see that once you have the Paper Pads, you don’t need a whole lot else to make really cute cards!
One of the best features of this fast and easy Halloween card, in my opinion, is that you can swap out any of your dies that you have with other papers in the Paper Pad and make a big variety of cards. I absolutely plan to do this with all the other Paper Pads that Rubbernecker has out – including ones that I helped design – so stay tuned for more instant gratification ideas!