This idea for quick and easy handmade cards for Fall will have you not wanting to stop crafting!
Using some basic dies and the new Autumn Leaves Rubbernecker Paper Pad, I came up with this idea for the simplest yet prettiest handmade cards for Fall that I just can’t stop making variations of! They are so easy and the different patterns in the paper drive the colors I choose for the simple die cuts I use to add just enough visual interest to make them so delightful. I could NOT choose a favorite to share so I just closed my eyes, dropped a finger and here you go!
To make this card I used Rubbernecker’s newly released Leaf Trio and Autumn Leaves 6×6 Paper Pack paired with the Inside Scallop Nested, Branches and Leaves and Splatter Leaves. And the making is so, SO easy! But you know me, I share every detail so even the newest card maker can create this with total confidence. Let’s get started!
Handmade Fall Card Base and Sentiment
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base and an inside scallop layer for the sentiment.
- Cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ piece of patterned card stock from the Autumn Leaves Paper Pad and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive. NOTE: There are so many beautiful patterns in this collection and just about all of them will allow you to create more beautiful handmade Fall cards. Just let the colors in the pattern guide you and you will end up with something just stunning!
- Secure the sentiment and cardstock in the MISTI, apply Versa to the sentiment and stamp.
- Apply gold embossing powder to the sentiment and heat with the heat gun.
- Attach a mustard layer to the sentiment layer using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment and attach it to the card base.
Color the Fall Leaf and Branches Die Cut Element
- Cut the leaf and branches using white cardstock.
- Use a brown water based marker to apply ink to the center markings of the leaf stamp, stamp the leaf and then dry with the heat gun.
- NOTE: The colors I chose to use here are ones I felt best coordinated with the colors in the patterned card stock from the Rubbernecker Paper Pad. Feel free to mix, match and adapt any colors you love with the pattern you choose for your collection of cards.
- Apply Mango ink to the whole leaf using a mini applicator. Pro Tip: Apply the lightest shade of orange to the whole leaf provides a layer of moisture that helps when blending on the darker shades of ink.
- Apply Pumpkin and Cinnamon ink to the leaf, using mini applicators and making sure to blend around the edges.
- Use a mini applicator to apply Cinna mon ink to the stems of the branches.
- Apply Citrus, Mango and Pumpkin inks to the leaves using mini applicators.
- Attach the branches to the top corner of the sentiment using glossy accents.
- Gently form the leaf with your fingers and attach it over the branches using a piece of mounting tape.
Here are all the things I used today to make this card. You may already have some of these on hand or even other items that can easily stand in for the ones I used. I always say to grab the things that you can’t swap out easily, knowing that you WILL use them again. I reuse my dies all the time in projects so if you follow along you can build your collection of these fabulous Rubbernecker items as you go.
These super simple but sure don’t look it handmade cards for Fall can be used for tons of different occasions. You can use a general Fall sentiment as I did here, make some for specific occasions or even leave a few blank to stamp later. Either way, bookmark this post because when you need a quick card that is totally send-worthy, this one fits the bill!