This modern look mosaic cover die adds tons of cool impact so easily!
I love the look of mosaic for a card background and this very modern look mosaic cover die is just different enough that it can be a very versatile complement to your cover die collection. It gives me stained glass vibes on this card and I love the simple, classic red and green over white with that single die cut element.
For this card I used Rubbernecker’s newly released Mosaic Cover paired with the Snowman, Evergreen Trees, Deckle Hills, Tiny Leaves #1 and Christmas Mini. You can get all the tips, tricks and steps to make this same card below or take what you love from this and combine with your own creative inspirations for all kinds of cool designs!
Card Base, Snow Layer and Modern Look Mosaic Cover Die Background
I have to admit that building this colorful Mosaic Cover puzzle was a little time consuming but I really had fun and like how it turned out and now that I’ve done it once, I know the next time will go faster. I thought it was the perfect modern background for my snowman!
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base.
- Cut the Mosaic Cover once using white cardstock, once with red and once with green.
- Gently turn the white cover face down and making sure all the negative sections are in place.
- Cut a 5.25″ x 4.00″ piece of Scor-Tape sheet and attach it to the back of the cover to hold all the pieces in place.
- Pull the backing of the Scor-Tape sheet and attach the cover to the card base.
- Randomly attach the red and green pieces over top f the white using pieces of mounting tape.
- Use white cardstock to cut the Deckle Hills snow layer and attach it to the card base using a strip of mounting tape.
The Snowman and Evergreen Tree
- Cut the Snowman body using white cardstock and attach them together using glossy accents..
- Cut the accessory pieces using red, black, brown and orange cardstock.
- Attach the hat sections together using glossy accents and attach to the head using glossy accents.
- Attach the facial features and scarf to the snowman using glossy accents.
- Embellish the snowman hat with two tiny leaves and a red 1/8″ punched circle.
- Cut a small evergreen tree using green cardstock, cut a tiny yellow star and to the tree using glossy accents. Note: I always use my reverse tweezers to pick up small pieces like the holly leaves and punched circles.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the embellished tree and attach it to the snowman body.
- Attach the brown twig arms to the snowman body and tree using glossy accents.
- Tuck the snowman in behind the snow layer and attach using a piece of mounting tape.
Here are the items I used to make this card so you can grab what you don’t have from the Rubbernecker store and/or shop your stash for what you do have:
I really like this modern look mosaic cover die and I can’t wait to try my hand at creating a stained glass project with it! All the piece fit together so well but in a random enough pattern that anything you place over it is going to look fantastic and be set off in such a fun way!