You won’t believe how fast this easy simple birthday card handmade by you is to create!
You all know that I love making cards that depict complex scenes with lots of details and layers. But when I got the new Rubbernecker It’s Party Time 6×6 Paper Pad and saw all the gorgeous and fun designs, I came up with this easy simple birthday card handmade using any of those patterns plus one die cut using the Balloons die and one greeting from the Birthday Celebration stamp set. With 24 pages of truly festive, fun and colorful designs, you can make at least two dozen cards just like this in part of an afternoon! Let me show you the simple and easy steps and see if this idea just might be your go-too birthday card for the year!
Birthday Card Base and Sentiment
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base.
- Use red cardstock to cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ layer and Party Time 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad to cut a 5.25″ x 4.00″ layer.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the red layer and attach it to the card base. Pro Tip: I most always use white cardstock for the card base for stamping sentiments and layer colored cardstock for the front base.
- Attach the designer paper layer to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Cut a 5.50″ x 1.25″strip using white cardstock and a 5.50″ x 1.00″ strip using red cardstock.
- Secure the white strip and Birthday Celebration sentiment stamp in the MISTI and stamp using black ink.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the red strip.
- Adhere strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the card base.
Die Cut Birthday Balloons
- Cut the Balloons using red cardstock.
- Cut three very thin strips of red cardstock to replace the die cut strings for the balloons. Note: My Dahle paper trimmer allows me to cut very thin strips and they curl automatically as they are cut. I wanted the balloons strings to be curled to match the confetti background.
- Attach the strings to the balloons using glossy accents.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the balloons and attach them to the card base.
- Finish by attaching a tiny white bow to the strings. Pro Tip: Take a look at my single bow video tutorial if you would like to see how I make my bows.
If you didn’t know, now through next Tuesday night, February 21 2023, you can take 15% off all their birthday items including things from their new release! So if you are in the place where you want to add a little something something to your handmade birthday cards, NOW is the time to grab some of their goodies!
Here are the things from Rubbernecker that I used:
And here are the things I used from my stash:
I don’t know that I would have come up with this design for this easy simple birthday card handmade using so few supplies were it not for that fabulous paper pad! I hope Rubbernecker keeps coming out with more because they sure do make cardmaking fast and easy and, as you can see, every bit as fabulous as the more complicated projects!