I love making cards with a vintage truck snow scene using a truck as the main focus of the scene and a little cabin in the distance. I had a wonderful time using images from the Rubbernecker Kittie Kits sets. I used images from the Outdoor Master, Fall Master and Moose. Did you know that Rubbernecker made die sets that coordinate with the Kittie Kits. I’ll have them all linked below if you want to check them out.
I secured the stamps and white cardstock in my MISTI and stamped all the images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used my heat gun to set the ink for coloring. The truck, cabin and fence sections were die cut and colored using using Distress Inks, a water brush and mini applicators. The white embossing paste was applied to the truck and cabin using a Sofft spatula. The background cardstock layer was secured in my MISTI and I stamped the evergreen trees all the way across the page to create the backdrop for the scene. I used an ink blending tool to apply the blue sky area over the trees. The scene layer was attached to the card base using ATG adhesive. Falling snow was added to the scene and images using a white gel pen.
I used deckle scissors to hand cut the snow layers. I like the uneven edge for the ground because it looks so much more natural. I used a Bendi Frame because it creates a soft dimensional curve to the frame. I used a die from the Matting Basics B set to cut the frame opening on a piece of 5 5/8″ x 4 3/8″ cardstock. The frame needed to be an extra 1/8″ in width to create the bend when attached to the base. The front snow layer was attached to the back of the frame using ATG adhesive. Thin strips of mounting tape were attached to the outer edge on both sides of the frame. I first removed the backing off the left side of the frame and carefully attached it to the card front. I removed the backing off the right side and carefully allowed the frame to bend as I attached to the edge of the card front. I hope you can see that the 1/8″ of width cased the frame to bend out in the frame center about 1/4″ to 1/2″.
The fence sections were attached on both sides of the card base using mounting tape. The cabin was tucked in behind the second snow layer and attached with mounting tape. The truck was gently curved with my fingers so it would sit correctly on the curve of the frame and attached with 1/2″ double stick tape.
It is so cold and snowy all over the country as a result I thought this would make a perfect masculine card for a winter birthday or thank you. Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you enjoyed my Vintage Truck Snow Scene.
Good Sunday morning. Do you notice anything new about my blog? I love the change! How about you? I thought it would be fun to make a homemade paper flower project using die cut flowers and a decorative die cut background for my first post. I loved using my favorite red, green and white color combinations for my holiday cards but switching to my other favorite combination using purple, green and white is a welcome change. I love to use this color combination for making spring and summer handmade paper flowers with die cuts. My project was made using the Spellbinders Annabelle’s Trousseau Layering Frame, Succulent and Mum Flower and Foliage sets.
I started by cutting the flowers, foliage and decorative background pieces using my Big Shot. I attached the decorative background to the card base using thin strips of mounting tape. I used a few lightly placed dots of Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue to the back of the oval layer and attached to the white layer.
I used the larger and smaller stylus tips from my Garden Tool Kit and molding pad to form my flowers and attached the flower layers together using glossy accents. I gently formed the leaves with my fingers to add a natural appearance. I attached two of the full leaf sections to the base using glossy accents and then attached the larger flower and two smaller flowers in place with glossy accents. I cut a third leaf section apart and tucked it in behind the top of the larger flower to fill in to complete the arrangement. I created white flower centers for the flowers using Tonic Nuvo White Gloss Crystal Drops. To finish the project I applied several drops on a small piece of a Craft Sheet, allowed them to totally dry and then secured them in the flower centers with glossy accents.
Thank you for coming by today and for all the wonderful support you have given my blog posts this year. I am looking forward to making lots of fun projects in the coming new year. I hope each of you have a Happy and Health New Year.
Card size: 6.00″ x 4.25″
Good Thursday morning. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. I like to make simple thank you cards that reflect the holiday but are not necessarily Christmas. The simplicity of the Impression Obsession Snowflake Cutout set along with the Thank You from the Greetings Bottom Word Edgers set make a perfect winter card that is fast and easy to make and easy to mass produce. There is also a Greetings Top Word Edgers set that could be easily used as well.
I secured the three snowflake dies and cardstock on the platform and ran through my Big Shot. The Thank you die was placed on the edge of red cardstock and ran through the Big Shot.
The snowflake layer was attached to the red sentiment layer using ATG adhesive. Both layers were attached to the card base with ATG adhesive.
The Snowflake Cutout set also comes with a frame for each snowflake so they can be cut to create full snowflakes like in my project below.
Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Card size: 5.50” x 4.25”