Good Sunday morning. My project today is a die cut duck scene made using Rubbernecker Stamps Nested Rectangle Scallop w/Holes, Ducks, Flower Stems, Tiny Flower Buds, Grass and Small Birds. I love this spring scene with the mother duck and babies.
The Scalloped Scene Layers
- Cut the two sized scalloped layers using white cardstock.
- Attach the largest layer to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Mask off the smaller scalloped layer using Eclipse tape.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink using an ink blending tool to create the blue sky background.
- Cut grass layers using green cardstock.
- Attach two layers of grass to the small scalloped layer using double stick tape and mounting tape.
- Attach the scene layer to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
Color the Ducks
- Cut the mother duck using white cardstock.
- Cut the baby ducks using yellow cardstock.
- Apply Wild Honey ink to the beak and legs of the mother duck using a mini applicator.
- Apply Wild Honey ink to the bodies, legs and beaks of the baby ducks a mini applicator.
- Attach the ducks in the scene using pieces of mounting tape.
The Flowers and Birds
- Cut the flower stems using green cardstock.
- Cut the tiny flower buds using bright pink cardstock and form them using a tiny tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Apply tiny flowers and green foliage to the neck of the mother duck using glossy accents.
- Attach the flowers to the stems using glossy accents.
- Tuck the flower stems in between the grass layers and attach using glossy accents.
- Cut the birds using aqua cardstock and attach them in the scene using pieces of mounting tape.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my sweet die cut duck scene. Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a great Sunday.