I have had my eye on the Rubbernecker watercolor flower sets for quite a while and finally decided to give one a try and create a framed watercolor wildflowers card. It didn’t turn out quite like I thought it would but I thought it was pretty enough to post it. My project was made using the Wildflowers in the Wind, Nested Rectangle Die Set, Nested Rectangle Scallop Die Set, Small Leaf Group Die and Small Butterfly.
The set is a four part stamp set. I used cold pressed watercolor paper and my MISTI to stamp the images. I have to admit that I experimented distress ink pads but finally ended up using several Memento Markers for the flowers and Peeled Paint for the grass and stems. The great thing about using the MISTI is that I was able to stamp the images more than once. I lightly misted the stamps before stamping. Rubbernecker has created very informative video tutorials for many of the watercolor flower sets.
Once I was finished with my flower scene I was puzzled about what color cardstock to use. I finally settled on the Bazzill Mulberry paper paired with Stampin’ Up! Old Olive. I created a double matted frame and attached it over the flower scene using strips of mounting tape. Although I really liked my flowers I couldn’t resist adding a few die cut leaves and a butterfly. I added the tiny pearls to the butterfly and the sparkling clear sequins to add a touch of bling.