Good Friday morning. I have two die cut Christmas scene cards to share with you today using newly released Rubbernecker Stamps die cut sets. The first card was made using the Lamp Post with Accessories, Borders #3, Berries Branch, Tiny Leaves, Knob Top Fence, Small Birds and 3 Pine Tree set.
The Card Base
- Cut the borders die using white cardstock.
- Secure the stamp and cardstock in the MISTI and stamp across the white layer using Peeled Paint ink.
- Attach the layer to the red card base using double stick tape.
The Lamp Post and Fence
- Cut two sections of the fence using black cardstock, attach them together to fit across the card front and attach main posts on both ends.
- Cut a snow layer using deckle scissors and attach to the fence front using double stick tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the fence snow layer and attach to the card front.
- Cut the lamp post sections using black cardstock.
- Cut a yellow piece of cardstock to fit behind the lamp and attach it to the back using glossy accents.
- Cut a section of tiny leaves to create holly leaf decorations for the fence and lamp.
- Form the holly leaves using the leaf tool from the garden tool kit. and attach them to the berry branches to form small clusters.
- Attach leaves to the lamp post, lamp and fence using glossy accents.
- Use a 1/8″ punch to punch out red circles to use as berries and attach them to the leaf clusters.
- Apply red stickles to the berries to add sparkle.
- Finish the scene by attaching red birds using small pieces of mounting tape.
My second card was made using the Frame with Curves and Pierce, Pine Tree Forest, Small Birds and a tiny star from the Stars Die. I had a very hard time getting good photos of this card. It was made using white cardstock but the photos make it look like cream colored cardstock. I am regularly puzzled by how difficult it is to get pictures of projects.
The Curvy Snow Scene
- Cut the pine tree forest using green cardstock.
- Cut the frame with curves background using white cardstock.
- Turn the frame face down and secure the pieces in place and attach using double stick tape.
- Cut through the frame at the second section up from the bottom following the curve line.
- Attach the trees to the back of the lower frame section using double stick tape.
- Secure the lower frame section with trees to the top frame and attach together using double stick tape.
- Attach the tiny yellow star to the tallest tree using glossy accents.
- Attach the birds using tiny pieces of mounting tape to complete the scene.
I hope you have enjoyed see both of my die cut Christmas scene cards. All of the dies are included in the sale going on over at Rubbernecker Stamps. The sale ends on October 14. Have a great day and I hope you have a great weekend.