Good Thursday morning. My project today is a festive die cut snowman scene using the new Rubbernecker Stamps Snowman paired with Holly, Tiny Leaves, Deckle Hills and framed using the Rectangle Combo #2. I love snowmen for holiday cards and they are also cute for winter occasions such as birthdays, etc. I don’t get to see any snow living here in Florida so I have to make do with putting snow themes on my cards. LOL!
The Frame and Deckle Hill Layer
- Cut the Rectangle Combo frame using white cardstock.
- Turn the two frame sections face down and attach them together using double stick tape.
- Cut the Deckle Hill layer using white cardstock, trim it and attach to the back of the frame.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the blue card base.
Assemble The Snowman
- Cut the Snowman body and twig arms using white cardstock and attach them together using glossy accents..
- Cut the accessory pieces using red, black and orange cardstock.
- Attach the hat sections together using glossy accents and attach to the head.
- Attach the facial features, buttons and scarf to the snowman using glossy accents.
- Color the twig arms using a walnut Copic marker and attach to the back of the snowman using glossy accents.
Complete the Scene
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the snowman, tuck him in behind the snow layer and attach to the card base.
- Cut a couple sections of the holly using green cardstock and the berries using red cardstock.
- Cut the holly sections apart, tuck them in behind the snow layer and attach with glossy accents.
- Cut tiny leaves using green cardstock, form them with the leaf tool and molding pad and attach them to the hat and scarf using glossy accents.
- Attach red berry sections to the holly leaves on the scarf and hat using glossy accents.
- Punch multiple 1/16″ circles and attach to the scene using glossy accents to create the falling snow. I do not know what possessed me to create snow like this as it was time consuming but I sure do like how the popped up circles look in the scene, especially on the hat and holly.
- Finish the scene by applying red stickles to the berries.
I loved making this die cut snowman scene. The snowman is so cute with his festive decorated hat and scarf and I especially how the holly leaves surrounding him at the base. I hope you are inspired to get your own snowman dies out and create a scene of your own. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great weekend.