Good Wednesday morning. My project today is a festive die cut snowman and holly card made using Rubbernecker Stamps Snowman paired with Holly, Deckle Hills, Tiny Leaves, Small Birds, Flower Buds and was framed using the Rectangle Combo Frame. I love how cute this snowman guy looks with his holly and tiny poinsettia bouquet against the Simple Stories Merry and Bright Collection paper.
The Frame and Deckle Hill Layer
- Cut the Rectangle Combo frame using red cardstock.
- Cut the Deckle Hill layer using white cardstock, trim it and attach to the back of the frame using double stick tape.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the designer paper card base.
Assemble The Snowman
- Cut the Snowman body and twig arms using white cardstock and attach them together using glossy accents..
- Cut the accessory pieces using red, black and orange cardstock.
- Attach the hat sections together using glossy accents and attach to the head.
- Attach the facial features, buttons and scarf to the snowman using glossy accents.
- Color the twig arms using a walnut Copic marker and attach to the back of the snowman using glossy accents.
Complete the Scene
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the snowman, tuck him in behind the snow layer and attach to the card base.
- Cut a couple sections of the holly using green cardstock and the berries using red cardstock.
- Cut the holly sections apart, arrange them to form the bouquet and attach to the body of the snowman using glossy accents.
- Cut tiny flowers using red cardstock, form the flowers with a tiny tipped stylus and molding pad and attach them to the bouquet using glossy accents.
- Cut tiny leaves using green cardstock, form them with the leaf tool and molding pad and attach them to the hat and scarf using glossy accents.
- Attach red berry sections to the holly leaves on the bouquet, scarf and hat using glossy accents.
- Attach a tiny piece of mounting tape to the back of one single bird and attach on the snow layer.
- Finish the scene by applying sparkle to the berries and flowers using a clear overlay pen.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my die cut snowman and holly card. I think this snowman set is one of the cutest I’ve ever worked with. It has so many parts and pieces. I love the top hat and scarf but he is also cute made up with the ear muffs, mittens and ski cap to create different themed scene. Check out my Snowman Snowball Fight card post. Thanks so much for coming by today and as always I appreciate your supportive comments.