Good Sunday morning. My project today is a gingerbread house scene card made using brand new dies just released by Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the new Gingerbread House Set, Nested Deckle Rectangle and Globe Tree. The gingerbread set has lots of fun parts and pieces to dress up the house for Christmas but it can also be dressed down to be used as a house for any season. I think the deckle layer background is the perfect to highlight the house and trees.
The Gingerbread House
- Cut the house, chimney and front door using Kraft cardstock.
- Cut the roof sections, windows, chimney snow topper and door using white cardstock.
- Cut the gumdrops using red, green, yellow and purple cardstock.
- Cut the shutters using red cardstock and the wreaths using green cardstock.
- Attach the gumdrops to the roof base and attach the roof sections to the roof of the house using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the window and door sections and attach to the house.
- Attach the shutters and wreath sections to the house using glossy accents.
- Attach gumdrops to the bottom of the house using glossy accents.
- Attach the chimney to the house using glossy accents
The Deckle Layer and Trees
- Cut the deckle layer and attach it to the red card base using mounting tape.
- Cut a second deckle layer and cut it a second time across the lower edge to create the snow layer.
- Attach the snow layer to the deckle base using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut three trees and cut the ornaments using the same colored cardstock used for the gumdrops.
- Attach the tallest tree to the card base using rolled glue dots and the second tallest tree using mounting tape.
- Attach the house in behind the snow layer using pieces of mounting tape.
- Cut the third tree off to shorten and attach the ornaments and star using glossy accents.
- Attach the decorated tree to the card base using mounting tape.
- Finish by applying Spectrum Noir clear overlay sparkle to the gumdrops and ornaments.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my gingerbread house scene card. I had a bit of trouble getting good pictures that showed up all the details against the darker color of the house. The card is so much cuter than the pictures show. Be sure and check out the other new dies just released by Rubbernecker. Have a great day and thanks so much for coming by.