Good Tuesday afternoon. I have a Christmas snow globe cabin scene card to share with you today made using Rubbernecker’s new Cabin Set and Snow Globe Set paired with Nested Deckle Rectangle, Rectangle Combo, Greenery, Deckle Hills and the lights from the Globe Tree Set.
- Cut the cabin using Kraft cardstock and the roof section using white cardstock.
- Color the cabin portion using a light walnut Copic marker.
- Cut the Christmas lights using red, yellow, green and blue cardstock.
- Attach 1/8″ double stick tape to the back side of the roof border and attach the Christmas lights.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the roof and attach it to the cabin.
- Apply red, blue, green and yellow Stickles to the Christmas lights and set aside to dry.
The Snow Globe Scene
- Cut the circle base for the snow globe using light blue cardstock.
- Cut the snow globe base using Kraft cardstock.
- Cut the snow layers using white cardstock.
- Attach the snow layers to the base using double stick tape.
- Cut the evergreen trees using green cardstock.
- Apply white gesso to the trees and windows using a tiny brush.
- Tuck the cabin and trees in behind the snow layers and attach with mounting tape.
The Deckle Layer
- Cut the deckle layer using Kraft cardstock.
- Apply brown ink directly to the deckle layer using the ink pad. Lightly swipe the pad straight up and down to create the appearance of woodgrain.
- Cut the frame section using red cardstock and attach it to the deckle layer using double stick tape.
- Attach the deckle layer to the red card base using double stick tape.
- Attach the snow globe cabin scene to the deckle layer using double stick tape.
- Attach the globe base to the deckle layer at the bottom of the globe and attach using mounting tape.
- Apply small dots of glossy accents to the sky area of the globe scene and attach the large fluffy snowflakes.
- Cut the greenery and attach a few sprigs to the snow globe base using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching a gingham multi loop bow using glue dots.
I had lots of fun making this snow globe cabin scene card. I love the Christmas lights along the roof and wish the sparkle on them showed up as well in the photo as it does in person. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.