Good Monday morning. Today I’m sharing a die cut lighthouse step card. I’ve said many times that I am really challenged when it comes to making cards with different folds and shapes. Well the good news for me is The Paper Cut sells card kits with all different styles and folds. My card was made using the Outer Stair Step Card kit. My kit is all white cardstock but it is offered in lots of different colors and comes with envelopes. So if you are like me and want to try your hand playing with different card folds and shapes then you will enjoy shopping this site. Next, I’m going to try my hand making a Pop -Up Box Card.
The Step Card Base
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to large card base section and tallest step layer using an ink blending tool and cloud stencil.
- Cut the sand layers using Kraft cardstock and apply Antique Linen ink directly to the layers with the ink pad.
- Cut the wave layers using aqua cardstock. One layer to fit all the way across the whole card base and four to fit the step layers.
- Apply white embossing paste to the wave layers by dabbing it on with your finger and sprinkle on clear glitter and allow to dry.
- Attach the long wave layer to the card base using double stick tape.
- Attach the back sand layer to the card base using double stick tape.
- Attach the front sand layer to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
The Light House and Boats
- Cut the light house out using red cardstock and again in white cardstock.
- Attach the sections together using glossy accents and double stick tape.
- Tuck the light house in behind the sand layer and attach with mounting tape.
- Cut the boats using red, white and blue cardstock.
- Attach the pieces together with glossy accents.
- Tuck the boats in between the wave layers and attach with glossy accents.
The Seagrass and Flying Birds
- Cut the grass sprigs using green cardstock and tuck them in behind the sand layers and attach them using glossy accents.
- Cut the birds using white cardstock and apply Pumice Stone ink to the wings using a mini applicator.
- Attach one bird to the sky area by the light house using a small piece of mounting tape.
- Cut two strips of clear acetate sheet and attach the birds using glossy accents.
- Tuck the strips in behind the sand layer and wave layer using glossy accents.
- I took a close up photo (above) because the flying birds were hard to see in the main photos.
I had so much fun making the die cut lighthouse step card. I think I have to make another one soon. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have been inspired to make a step card of your own.