Today I’m celebrating “Christmas in July” for a second day with this Christmas tree truck card. I love the red truck with its load of Christmas trees and how well it plays with the Carta Bella Santa’s Workshop paper in the background. For this project I used the Truck, Birch Forest, Pine Tree Forest, Deckle Hills and the tiny wreath o the truck door was made using the Tiny Leaves.
The Birch Forest and Snow Layers Card Base
- Cut the designer paper to fit an A2 sized card base and attach it using double stick tape.
- Cut the Birch Forest and Deckle Hills using white cardstock.
- Use thin strips of mounting tape on the back of the framed border of the Birch Forest and attach it to the card base.
- Apply double stick tape to one of the snow layers and attach it to the front of the Birch Forest.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the second snow layer and attach it to the back snow layer.
The Truck and Wreath
- Cut the truck parts using red, gray and black cardstock.
- Attach the fenders to the truck using rolled strips of double stick tape.
- Use glossy accents to attach the wheel sections together and attach them to truck base using glossy accents.
- Attach all the trim pieces to the truck using double stick tape.
- Cut tiny leaves using green cardstock.
- Hand cut a tiny green circle to use as a wreath base and attach the leaves to the base using glossy accents.
- Punch out several 1/16″ circles and attach them to the wreath using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the wreath and attach it to the truck door.
- Tie a tiny red bow and attach it to the wreath using glue dots.
This Christmas tree truck scene is such a fun holiday card and is a perfect masculine card. It is always a challenge to make cards that fit well for men. I do think this card is perfect for anyone who loves vintage theme cards. Check out the Pinterest red Christmas tree truck card link for more inspiration. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a great day.