Today I’m sharing a CAS pumpkins and leaves card using the Rubbernecker Stamps Pumpkins and Ivy, Tiny Leaves, Splatter Leaves and Nested Rectangle X Stitch. It isn’t always easy to come up with a main focal point of interest that can stand alone on an all white background. I think the pumpkins, scattered leaves and sentiment tell a little story and capture the feeling of autumn. The X design around the borders of the white layers add interest and texture without distracting from the main images.
The Card Layers
- Cut the rectangle layers using white cardstock and the Nested Rectangle X Stitch dies.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versafine Clair Pinecone ink.
- Cut an orange layer to use behind the main white layer.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the large white layer and attach to the card base.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the small white layer and attach to the orange layer.
- Use mounting tape to attach the small white and orange layer to the card base.
The Pumpkins and Leaves
- Cut the pumpkins and tiny leaves using white cardstock and the foliage using green cardstock.
- Use mini applicators to apply Shabby Shutters and Spiced Marmalade ink to the pumpkins.
- Apply Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters and Fired Brick ink to the tiny leaves.
- Blend the three colors of ink together on each leaf by applying Wild Honey ink using a mini applicator.
- Round each pumpkin with your fingers, apply a piece of mounting tape to the back of the pumpkins and attach to the card base.
- Tuck the foliage sprigs in behind the pumpkins and attach with glossy accents.
- Gently form the leaves with your fingers, apply glossy accents to the back and attach them to the card base and pumpkins.
I enjoyed creating this CAS pumpkins and leaves card. Do you like making clean and simple card projects? Check out this Pinterest Clean and Simple page if you would like more inspiration. There are so many wonderful examples. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great day.