My project today is a palm trees beach scene card made for Dare To Get Dirty Day 7 and the final day of the Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty week long challenge event. This event is a special thank you to all of the fan club members who support the site all year long. Have you had a desire to be on the Dirty Dozen design team? This special week of challenges will give you tons of opportunity to be inspired and to show off your wonderful and creative projects right along with the current Dirty Dozen team as well as the alumni team members. Are you a member of the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club? If not go here to check out all the benefits of being a member. If you are a member hop right on over the special challenge forum here.
The Cloud Frame and Background
- Cut the frame and background layer using white cardstock.
- Attach the two largest frame sections together using double stick tape.
- Use the cloud stencil, ink blending tool and Tumbled Glass ink to apply clouds to the frame.
- Apply Eclipse masking tape to the sky area of the background layer and apply Tumbled Glass ink to the water area using an ink blending tool.
- Remove mask and apply clouds to the sky area using the cloud stencil, ink blending tool and Tumbled Glass ink.
- Attach the mask back in place and apply white embossing paste to the water using a dabbing motion with your finger.
- Sprinkle clear glitter on the embossing paste and allow to dry.
- Attach the cloud and water layer to the card base using double stick tape.
The Frame and Sand Layers
- Cut two sections of Deckle Hills, apply Antique Linen ink to both pieces using direct to paper technique with the ink pad and dry with heat gun.
- Attach the back sand layer to the back of the frame using double stick tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the front sand layer and attach it to the front of the frame.
The Die Cut Scene Images
- Cut the palm trees using green card stock and woodgrain cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the palm tree trunks using a mini applicator.
- Attach the palm fronds to the trunks using glossy accents, tuck them in behind the sand layers and attach to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut the chairs using bright pink, bright yellow and Kraft cardstock.
- Attach the sling seats to the chair frames using glossy accents, tuck the chairs in behind the sand layers and attach to the scene using mounting tape.
- Cut the kite using pink and yellow cardstock, attach the string and pieces together using glossy accents and attach to the frame using apiece of mounting tape.
- Finish the scene by cutting grass sprigs and tucking them in behind the sand layers and attach using glossy accents.
I hope you enjoyed seeing this palm trees beach scene card today. I like the bright colors and the sparkly water out in the distance. Check out my Beach Scene Category if you would like more beach card inspiration. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day and upcoming weekend.