Good Monday morning. My project today is a Halloween spider and spiderwebs card made for the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple Challenge to use bricks in some way. I thought the brick wall would be the perfect backdrop for a few framed spiderwebs and a single dangling spider. I used the new Rubbernecker Bats and Spiderwebs set along with the new Brick Wall Stencil. I created the simple frame using the Nested Rectangle set.
The Brick Wall Background
- Secure a piece of white cardstock and the stencil in place using pieces of eclipse masking take.
- Apply Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge ink to the cardstock using Life Changing Blender Brushes. Note: I can’t say enough about how much I love these brushes. I only have the sample set right now but fully intend to get the full set soon. Have you tried them? If not……you should.
- Remove the tape and stencil and apply Antique Linen ink over the whole piece to color in the mortar lines.
The Frame, Spiderwebs and Spider
- Line up two of the rectangle dies on the magnetic platform and cut a white frame.
- Use white cardstock to cut the spiderwebs and black cardstock to cut the spider.
- Apply strips of double stick tape to the back of the frame and attach the spiderwebs.
- Cut and attach thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it over the brick background on the card base.
- Finish by attaching the spider with a double layer of mounting tape.
I think this clean and simple Halloween spider and spiderwebs card is fun and not too spooky. You can check out this Halloween Spider Card Pinterest if you would like more inspiration. I appreciate you coming by today and I hope you have a great week.