Good Tuesday morning. Today I’m sharing a Christmas House Z Fold Box card with lots of pretty birch and evergreen trees. The red truck is delivering the Christmas tree and I used the red birds to draw the eye up from the full ground base and to add interest. I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Spooky House (modified), Birch Forest, Tabbed Birch Trees, Tree in Oval, Truck, Pine Tree Forest, Small Birds, Greenery #1, Tiny Leaves and Deckle Hills.
Card Base and Box
- Use the pre-scored Easel card kit to create the base.
- Cut 2 2.5″ x 4.00″ blue layers and one 5.25″ x 4.00″ layer and attach them to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Cut and 11.00″ x 1.50″ Deckle Hill layer using white cardstock. Note: place the strip of white cardstock on the cutting platform, place the die at one end and run through the machine. Place the die where the first die cut ended, line it up and run through the machine a second time.
- Score the Deckle Hills layer at 5.50″ and 8.25″.
- Apply double stick tape on both ends of the back of the Deckle Hills layer and attach to the card base.
- Cut four ground layers 3.75″ x 1.50″ and score at .50″ on each end. Fold left side forward and the right side backwards.
- Apply double stick tape to the folded tab ends of the grass inserts and attach them inside the box.
- Cut the truck sections using red and black cardstock.
- Assemble the pieces together using rolled double stick tape and glossy accents.
- Attach the tiny accessory pieces using glossy accents.
- Attach two tiny holly leaves to the truck door using glossy accents.
- Cut a Birch Forest section and Tabbed Birch Trees using white cardstock.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the birch trees and attach them to the card base. Note: I cut the Birch Forest into two sections. I wanted some of the trees to look attached and the others to look separate.
- Cut four Tree in Oval sections and cut the trees away from the frame.
- Attach two of the trees to the scene using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut two of the trees to fit inside the truck bed and attach with double stick tape.
- Cut a few sections of the Pine Tree Forest and tuck them around the scene and attach with mounting tape and glossy accents.
- Cut the house using brown cardstock and the roof sections using white cardstock.
- To modify the house I cut off the tall pointed roof section on the left side and the pointed outer roof section on the right side.
- Attach the white roof sections to the house using strips of rolled up double stick tape and glossy accents.
- Attach the windows and doors to the house using glossy accents.
- Cut several sections of greenery using green cardstock.
- Use greenery tips to create the window decorations and roof top wreath and attach them using glossy accents.
- Punch out red 1/8″ circles and attach them to the wreath and window decorations using glossy accents.
Finish the Scene
- Attach a double layer strip of cardstock to the back of the house using double stick tape and attach the whole house to one of the box insert layers using double stick tape.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the back of the truck and attach it to the front snow layer.
- Cut several red birds and attach them in the scene using small pieces of mounting tape.
I had so much fun making this Christmas House Z Fold Box card. I especially love that the Spooky House can be so easily modified to look like a normal house. I think it looks so cute nestled in the trees. Here is a Pinterest link for more Christmas Z Fold Box cards if you would like more inspiration. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have an enjoyable day.