Good Wednesday morning. Today I’m sharing a gold embossed vellum poinsettia card. I shared a white embossed vellum poinsettia card a couple of days ago and loved how the white splatter looked on on the petals. I decided gold embossed splatter would look pretty on the white vellum and for this project I gold embossed the foliage and eyelet border as well. The layout is exactly the same as my earlier card but the gold adds an extra touch of elegance. My photos are a little over bright because it is always hard for me to get good pictures of gold embossing. I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Splatter Background, Poinsettia #2 and Holly #1 and Borders #1.
The Decorative Layer
- Cut the decorative border layer using white cardstock.
- Apply masking tape along the eyelet border, apply versa and gold embossing powder and heat with the heat gun.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back and attach to the card base.
The Vellum Poinsettia and Holly
- Stamp the Splatter Background on a piece of white vellum using versa and emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Cut the flower sections, form them gently with a stylus and molding pad and attach the layers using glossy accents.
- Cut two layers of the largest flower and two sections of holly using white cardstock, apply versa and gold embossing powder and heat.
- Attach the poinsettia to the gold flower layers using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the flower and attach it to the card base.
- Finish the flower center by attaching pre made gold Nuvo Chrystal Drops using glossy accents.
- Tuck the gold holly and gold flower petals under the poinsettia and attach using glossy accents.
I hope you don’t mind seeing a repeat of my earlier card with this gold embossed vellum poinsettia card. Here is a Pinterest link with lots of gold embossed vellum poinsettia projects. Thanks for coming by and I hope you take some time to get crafty today.