My project today is a clean and simple Christmas wreath card made using the Rubbernecker Stamps Wreath with Berries and Blessed Christmas sentiment. I love the crisp pine wreath image with the holly leaves and berries. I hope you aren’t shocked that there is no die cut image on this card. LOL!
- Secure a 4.50″ square piece of hot press watercolor paper and the stamp in the MISTI.
- Apply Shady Lane Versafine Clair ink to the stamp and stamp the image. Note: VersaFine Clair’s innovative formulation provides the perfect image to use with watercolor paints or water based markers.
- Ink up the stamp again if necessary and stamp the image a second time. Note: I love using my MISTI to stamp my images. I didn’t press quite hard enough on my first attempt and didn’t get full coverage of the image. I was easily able to apply more ink and stamp a second time for a perfect image.
Watercolor the Wreath
- Use a green marker to fill in the delicate pine needles.
- Watercolor the berries and holly leaves using a small brush and Distress Ink reinkers.
- Barn Door and Fired Brick for the berries.
- Squeezed Lemonade and Peeled Paint for the leaves.
Assemble the Card
- Secure the sentiment image and 1/2″ strip of cardstock in the MISTI.
- Mask off the bottom portion of the sentiment using masking tape.
- Remove mask and apply Shady Lane ink and stamp the sentiment.
- Score two score lines 1/8″ apart on both sides of the sentiment, fold at the score lines to create the banner and attach it to the wreath base using double stick tape.
- Trim off the banner ends on both sides of the wreath base.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the wreath base and attach it to the green card base.
- Finish by attaching a red multi loop bow to the card base using glue dots.
Here is the list of the stamps I used for my project.
This is the list of tools and supplies used for the project. You can check out My Favorite Crafting Tools Page to see all of the tools that I keep close at hand and use on a regular basis.
I enjoyed creating this clean and simple Christmas wreath card. Since I rarely watercolor anymore and found it quite challenging. Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a great week.