Good Sunday morning. I have a pretty die cut ivy wreath with pink flowers to share with you today. I used Rubbernecker Stamps Large Ivy, Mixable Flower Stack, Nested Rectangle X Stitch, Nested Circle and the sentiment from Best Friends. I like how full the wreath is and how several of the leaves are extended out past the basic form. I think it looks more natural.
The Layered Base and Sentiment
- Cut the two largest rectangle dies using white cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the largest rectangle and attach it to the card base.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the smaller rectangle and attach it to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock using Nocturne VersaFine Clair and heat set.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the sentiment strip and attach it to the green layer and set aside.
The Die Cut Ivy Wreath
- Cut a 1.75 circle to create the wreath base.
- Create a ring base by cutting the center out of the circle using the next smaller die in the set.
- Cut several sections of the Large Ivy and cut the branches apart to create two pieces.
- Begin attaching the ivy branches to the wreath base using glossy accents.
- Continue attaching the branches until you have completed the full wreath.
- You can check out my Garden Wreath tutorial to see step by step photos of how I create the my leafy wreaths. The tutorial uses different branches but the concept is the same.
- Cut three sets of flowers using pink cardstock.
- Form the three smallest flowers in each set.
- Place the flowers face down on the molding pad and use the round tipped stylus to roll over each petal.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and push down in the center to push the petals up.
- Attach the three flower sections together using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of each flower and attach to the wreath.
- Finish each flower by attaching a pre made white Nuvo crystal drop in the center using glossy accents.
Finish the Card
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the wreath and attach it to the card base.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the lower left corner of the card base using double stick tape.
I enjoyed making this die cut ivy wreath. The large ivy branches are easy to work with and create a nice full wreath. I like the simplicity of the wreath and sentiment against the all white background. . Have you tried making a wreath? They are so much fun and create a lovely dimensional arrangement for a card front. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.