My project today is a cozy fireplace Christmas card scene made using the new Rubbernecker Stamps Fireplace set paired with the Santa Stuck (brick), Rectangle Combo #3, Greenery #2 and Flower Buds. I created the floral background using paper from the Carta Bella Christmas Market paper pad.
The Card Base and Frame
- Cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ piece of designer paper and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Use white cardstock to cut the rectangle frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
Assemble the Fireplace
- Cut the fireplace pieces using white cardstock.
- Cut the base of the fireplace bottom base, brick background and grate using black cardstock.
- Use bright yellow cardstock to cut the fire sections and woodgrain cardstock to cut the logs. Apply stickles to the flames to create the fire sparkle.
- Attach a piece of red cardstock to the back of brick section using glossy accents.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the fireplace and attach the brick wall background.
- Assemble the grate, logs and flames and attach them together using glossy accents and attach to the fireplace wall using mounting tape.
- Attach the assembled fireplace to the card base using mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching the black base to the bottom of the fireplace using mounting tape.
Decorate the Fireplace
- Use green cardstock to cut the greenery pieces and arrange them to the top mantle section of the fireplace using glossy accents.
- create tiny flowers using red and yellow cardstock and attach them to the foliage using glossy accents.
- Punch out several red 1/8″ circles, attach them to the greenery and apply sparkle using red stickles.
- Cut the candles and flames using red and yellow cardstock, attach them together using glossy accents and apply shimmer to the flames using a shimmer pen..
- Attach the candles to the card base using mounting tape.
- Cut the stockings using designer paper and green cardstock and attach the pieces together using glossy accents.
- Finish by tucking the stockings under the greenery branches and attaching to the mantle using glossy accents.
Here are links to the dies used for my project.
Here are links to the supplies and tools.
I had so much fun making this fireplace Christmas card and creating this cozy scene. Check out this Pinterest link for more fireplace Christmas card inspiration. Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a great day.