Today I’m sharing a festive Christmas train Z Fold card. I love the Rubbernecker Stamps Train Set and thought it would be fun to create a scene with the train pulling into the station on a z fold card. The train is taking some very sharp turns around those corners but manages to stay on the track. LOL! The station was created using the Cabin set and the scenery was created using the Evergreen Trees, Pine Tree Forest and Deckle Hills and the snowy background was made using the Splatter Background. The train was decorated using the Tiny Leaves and Tiny Flower Buds and the scene was finished using the Small Birds. I used The Paper Cut Z Fold Box Card kit. for the card base.
Card Base and Box
- Use the pre-scored Z fold card kit to create the base.
- Cut 2 2.5″ x 4.00″ blue layers and one 5.25″ x 4.00″ blue layer.
- Stamp the snowy background on the blue layers using white pigment ink and emboss with white embossing powder and attach them to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Cut the 11.00″ x 1.50″ Deckle Hill layer using the strip from the kit. Note: place the strip of white cardstock on the cutting platform, place the die at one end and run through the machine. Place the die where the first die cut ended, line it up and run through the machine a second time.
- Score the front Deckle Hills layer at 5.50″ and 8.25″.
- Cute an additional 11.00 x 1.50″ Deckle Hill layer, score it at 2.75″ and 5.50″ and attach it to the card base.
- Apply double stick tape on both ends of the back of the Deckle Hills layer and attach to the card base.
- Cut three Deckle Hill ground layers 2.75″ x 1.00″″ and and attach to the insert strips from the kit using double stick tape.
- Score the insert layers at .50″ on each end. Fold left side forward and the right side backwards.
- Apply double stick tape to the folded tab ends of the grass inserts and attach them inside the box.
The Evergreen Trees
- Cut several sections of Evergreen Trees using green cardstock.
- Stamp the snowy background on the trees using white pigment ink and emboss with white embossing powder.
- Attach trees to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Attach trees to the card box inserts using glossy accents.
Assemble the Train and Track
- Cut the train pieces out in the colors of your choice.
- Follow the step by step directions below. These directions will live on the Rubbernecker store site with the train link.
- I used glossy accents, rolled glue dots and mounting tape to assemble and attach all the pieces.
- I modified one of the train cars by using the top roof portion of the engine housing to create a caboose.
- Decorate the train using tiny holly leaves and tiny flowers.
- Attach the train sections to track and snow layers using glossy accents.
Finish the scene by attaching the cardinals to the card base using small pieces of mounting tape.
Here are links to the stamp and dies using to make my card.
Here are links to the tools and supplies used for my project.
Making this Christmas train z fold card was so much fun. I hope you enjoyed seeing it and will take the opportunity to create a z fold card of your own. You can check out this Pinterest link for more Christmas train z fold card inspiration. Here are links to all of my z fold cards. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great day.