Today I’m sharing a Halloween pop up box card with a witch, spooky house, bats, ghosts and spiders. For this project I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Spooky House, Spooky Tree, Witches, Ghosts, Bats and Spiderwebs and Lower Case Alphabet with Stitch. I used the A2 Pop Up Box Card Kit by The Paper Cut for the box base. I loved the idea of having all the black images against the orange background but gave little thought to how hard it would be to get good photos. Ugh! Sorry it is hard to see all of the elements clearly.
Assemble the 3D Pop Up Box Base
- Cut the layering pieces. The designer paper is from a long ago retired collection.
- 2 2″ x 5 3/8″
- 6 2″ x 2 5/8″
- Attach the paper layers to the inside and outside card base using ATG adhesive.
- Apply 1/2″ double stick tape to the tab, line it up and secure the box closed.
- Cut the black sections to fit the tabs included in the kit and attach them with ATG adhesive.
- Apply 1/2″ double stick tape to the tabs on both sides and insert them inside the box.
- Note: I use the Be Creative double stick tape on the tabs because it is much stronger than the ATG adhesive. I like to use the ATG adhesive on layering paper because it is fast and easy.
The Spooky Elements
- Cut the house using black cardstock and cut bright yellow cardstock to fit behind the windows.
- Apply yellow Wink of Stella to the yellow cardstock, cut to fit behind the window and attach using Connect glue.
- Attach the windows to the front of the house. Note: Connect glue dries perfectly clear and doesn’t show if it squeezes out a little when attaching a piece.
- Cut the witch, tree, bats, spiders and spiderwebs using black cardstock and cut the ghosts using white cardstock..
- Apply glossy accents to the lower section of the house and attach to the box insert.
- Use strips of mounting tape to attach the spooky tree, ghost and witch to the back wall of the box.
- Attach the bats to the tree branches and tuck the branches to the box inserts using glossy accents.
- Use Connect glue to attach the spider webs to the box flaps.
- Cut the eek using black cardstock and attach to the flaps using small pieces of mounting tape.
- Finish by attaching the spiders to the flaps using pieces of mounting tape.
I had so much fun making this Halloween pop up box card. Although there are lots of parts and pieces it was pretty fast to make. I wanted to get one more Halloween themed card in before the season was over. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project. Check out this Pinterest link to find more Halloween pop up box card inspiration. Here is a link to all of my recent pop up box cards. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
5216-05D Spooky House Die
5216-06D Spooky Tree Die
5216-02D Ghosts Die
5216-03D Witches Die
5216-01D Bats and Spiderwebs Die
Lower Case Alphabet w/ stitch Die Cut…
The Paper Cut: A-2 Pop-Up Box Card
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock,…
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock,…
Neenah Cardstock, Neenah Heavyweight,…
Yellow, Zig Wink of Stella Glitter…
12mm (1/2″), Be Creative Tape
ATG Kit, Advanced Tape Glider
Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
Connect Glue, Gina K Designs
Mini Glossy Accents, Ranger Accents