Today I’m sharing a winter tree scene card using the Rubbernecker Stamps newly released Tree Panel #3 and Cardinals paired with the Deckle Hills, Greenery #1, Splatter Background and 3 Pine Trees set. I love the stamped pine trees and falling snow showing through the tree branches and the pop of red with the cardinals.
The Snowy Pine Tree Background
- Apply white pigment ink to the Splatter Background stamp and stamp the blue cardstock.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder on the blue cardstock and heat with the heat gun.
- Apply green ink to the 3 Pine Tree stamp and stamp across the blue card base to create the tree background.
The Winter Tree and Snow Layers
- Cut the Tree Panel and two Deckle Hill layers using white cardstock.
- Apply ATG adhesive to one of the snow layers and attach it to the card base.
- secure strips of mounting tape to the back of the Tree Panel and attach it to the card base.
- Apply a strips of mounting tape to the back of the second snow layer and attach it to the Tree Panel.
The Greenery and Cardinals
- Cut several pieces of greenery and apply touches of white Gesso to the tips using a small brush and allow to dry.
- Use red cardstock to cut the cardinals and color their beaks using a black marker.
- Tuck the greenery branches in behind the snow layer and attach in place using glossy accents.
- Finish the card by attaching the cardinals to the tree branches and snow layer using pieces of mounting tape.
Here are the links to the Rubbernecker dies and stamps that I used for this project.
Here are the links to the tools and supplies that I used for this project.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my winter tree scene card. This is one of my favorite kind of projects to make for my holiday cards as they are perfect to give to male friends and relatives. Click on this Pinterest link for more winter tree scene inspiration. You can check out my Winter category to see more of my projects. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a good day.