Today I’m sharing a clean and simple Christmas card made using the new Rubbernecker Stamps Winter Cocoa set paired with Nested Rectangle Scallop w/Holes, Tiny Leaves and the Merry Little Christmas sentiment. I always like to have a few extra Christmas cards on hand for those “last minute card emergencies” that always seem to arise during the holidays. The Winter Cocoa set is so fun and the decorative pieces give the opportunity to create images that can stand alone with a sentiment on a card front. This card was fast and easy and only took about 10 minutes to make.
The Card Base and Sentiment
- Cut the scalloped layer using white cardstock.
- Secure the cardstock and sentiment in the MISTI.
- Apply green ink to the sentiment and stamp and repeat if necessary to get a crisp image. I LOVE MY MISTI!
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scalloped layer and attach it to the red card base.
The Cocoa Mug
- Cut the mug and decorative pieces using designer paper and red cardstock.
- Use green cardstock to cut the tiny holly leaves and punch out a 1/8″ red circle.
- Cut the candy cane using white cardstock and attach the red stripes to the cane using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the scalloped mug top and the mug base and attach to the mug.
- Coat the whipped cream piece with white embossing paste using your finger and set aside to dry.
- Apply glossy accents to the lower edge of the whipped cream piece and attach to the mug.
- Attach the candy cane to the back of the whipped cream and red and green sprinkles to the front of the whipped cream using glossy accents.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the mug and attach it to the white layer.
Have you had a chance to check out the new Rubbernecker release? So many fun new dies to play with. I’ve made cards with all of them but I can’t seem to pick a favorite. Tomorrow I will share a beautiful card using the Tree Panel #3.
Here are links to the Rubbernecker products I used on my project.
Here is the complete supplies and tools used for my project. I have been really enjoying using the Carta Bella Christmas Market paper on my projects. There are several really wonderful designs in this collection. I especially love the pages with the red truck!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my clean and simple Christmas card. I love how the decorative mug pops against the white background. Check out this clean and simple Christmas card link on Pinterest for more inspiration. I sure do appreciate you stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend.