My project today is a pretty nature scene with deer Christmas card. I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Deer Family, Evergreen Trees, Deckle Hills, Holly and Greenery #2. I framed the scene using the Nested Deckle Rectangles and Nested Rectangles and created the falling snow on the background and trees using the Splatter Background.
The Snowy Background, Trees and Frame
- Cut the Deckle Rectangle using white cardstock and cut the frame opening using a die from the Nested Rectangle set.
- Use white cardstock to cut two Deckle Hills layers, cut to fit the frame and attach to the back of the frame using double stick tape.
- Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to fit in the frame, stamp the Splatter Background using white pigment ink and emboss using white embossing powder.
- Use green cardstock to cut the Evergreen Trees, stamp with the Splatter Background using white pigment ink and emboss with white embossing powder.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach the Kraft snow background layer.
- Attach the framed scene background to the card baser using ATG adhesive.
Color the Deer
- Cut the deer using white cardstock.
- Apply a fine layer of Antique Linen ink over the whole deer body using a mini applicator.
- Use Vintage Photo ink to add darker shades of brown to the ears and upper body of the deer. Note: Check out my Coloring Die Cut Animals tutorial if you would like to see step by step photos of how I colored my deer.
Assemble the Scene and Evergreen Arrangement
- Tuck the trees in behind the snow layers and attach to the card base using pieces of mounting tape.
- Secure the deer to the scene using pieces of mounting tape.
- Arrange the holly on the frame corner and attach using glossy accents.
- Apply Ultimate Glue and clear glitter to the evergreen branches and allow to dry.
- Tuck the branches in between the holly branches and attach using glossy accents.
- Finish the arrangement with a red multi loop bow. Check out my Multi Loop Bow video tutorial if you would like to see how I made my bow.
Here are the dies and stamp that I used for my project.
Here are the tools and supplies that I used.
I had such a good time making the nature themed deer Christmas card. You can check out this deer Christmas card Pinterest link if you would like more inspiration. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a good day.