I have a few “go to” simple handmade card designs that work with almost any theme or occasion and this is one of my favorites. This card creates an elegant feel of with the all white card base and touches of color added with the embellishments. I made a pretty poinsettia Christmas card a couple of weeks ago with the exact same layout but using a different rectangle die for the sentiment layer, different flowers and foliage and a different color combination. The poinsettia was replaced with a large multi loop bow. Same card design but with a totally different outcome.
For this project I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Nested Rectangle Scallop w/holes, Large Ivy, Flower Buds and Beautiful Wishes. I had extra branches of the Large Ivy with Flower Buds on my desk from my birdhouse project that I posted yesterday and thought I would create a quick card with them.
The Card Base and Sentiment Layer
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base and scalloped rectangle layer.
- Secure the rectangle layer and the sentiment stamp in the MISTI.
- Apply versa to the sentiment and stamp it on the rectangle layer.
- Sprinkle on gold embossing powder and heat with the heat gun.
- Adhere strips of mounting tape to the back of the rectangle layer and attach it to the card base.
The Ivy and Flower Stems
- Use green cardstock to cut the large ivy branches.
- Cut the flower buds using purple cardstock.
- Place the large ivy sections on the molding pad and score the leaves using the leaf tool.
- Form the flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the flowers to the large ivy sections using glossy accents.
- Apply glossy accents to the ivy branches and attach them to the top corner of the rectangle layer.
- Finish by attaching a multi loop bow to the center of the ivy branches using glue dots. Check out my multi loop bow video tutorial if you would like to see how I made my bow.
Do you have a few simple handmade card designs that you turn to over and over? There is a treasure trove simple card designs on this Pinterest link if you would like more ideas. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Dies and sentiment used for my card.
Tools and supplies used.
3 thoughts on “Simple Handmade Card Designs”
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL, Kittie! Your card is screaming SPRING! I LOVE the CAS of it, yet you’ve got your LOVELY FLOWERS & IVY, & I KNOW, that took some time! I LOVE the lavender colors you chose also. That color speaks feminine & vintage to me! A SUPER JOB, Kittie!!! ;)<3
That is so pretty.
I love the simplicity of it. Actually something that I will be able to do considering I’m not all that talented.
Loved your cute little birdhouse as well
so lovely, like how the die cut is off centered and I do like the flowers on the ivy!