There is something so special about a bright red handmade paper poinsettia arranged with holly on an all white card base and paired with a simple gold embossed sentiment. This is such an elegant card and was easy to make and would be perfect to make several at a time for family and friends. I used the Poinsettia #2 paired with Holly, Deckle Frame and May the Joys sentiment.
Did you miss the Rubbernecker Stamps Black Friday Sale? If so, you are in luck. Rubbernecker has a special Cyber Monday Sale section on the site as well as additional discounts available.
The Card Base and Sentiment
- Use the Deckle Frame and white cardstock to cut the sentiment layer.
- Secure the sentiment stamp and cardstock in the MISTI.
- Apply Versamark to the stamp and stamp the white deckle layer.
- Apply super fine gold embossing powder and heat with heat gun.
- Attach strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the card base.
The Handmade Paper Poinsettia and Holly
- Use red, green and yellow cardstock to cut the poinsettia sections. Note: I like to create one or two green poinsettia sections for the main base of the flower.
- Cut the holly sections using green and red cardstock. Attach the red berries to the holly using glossy accents.
- Lay the holly sections on a molding pad and use the leaf tool.
- Place the red and green poinsettia flower layers face down on a molding pad and use a large round stylus to shape the flower petals.
- Place the red and green poinsettia flower layers face up on a molding pad and use a small tipped stylus to push down in the center of each flower to push the petals up.
- Attach the flower layers together using glossy accents.
- Form one tiny yellow flower using a small tipped stylus and molding pad and attach it to the flower center using glossy accents. Note: I love to use my reverse tweezers when working with tiny die cut parts and pieces.
Arrange the Poinsettia and Holly
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the poinsettia and attach it to the corner of the sentiment layer.
- Tuck the holly branches under the poinsettia and attach them using glossy accents.
Here are links to the dies and stamp used for my project.
Here links to the tools and supplies.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my handmade paper poinsettia card. The poinsettia is certainly an iconic Christmas symbol and are perfect on holiday cards and projects. You can see lots of handmade paper poinsettia inspiration on this Pinterest link. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a great week.