Christmas cards with deer are always popular and I love using them on an all white background. Adding a few colorful images creates interest that pops against the white background. For this card I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Deer Family, Winter Tree, Nested Deckle Rectangles, Deckle Hills, Greenery #1 and Small Birds. The polka dot embossed background was made using a retired folder made by Sizzix for Stampin’ Up!
The Scene Base
- Cut the deckle layer using white cardstock, insert in embossing folder and run through the die cutting machine.
- Use ATG adhesive to attach the deckle layer to the red background layer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the deckle layer and attach it to the white card base.
- Cut the deckle hill layer using white cardstock and attach it to the deckle layer using strips of mounting tape.
Create the Scene
- Cut the deer and tree using white cardstock.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the tree, tuck it in behind the snow layer and attach to the scene base, Note: I added a few rolled up tiny glue dots to a few key spots to hold the upper branches in place.
- Use green cardstock to cut the evergreen branches.
- Cut tiny pieces off of a branch and attach them to the deer neck using glossy accents. I added a tiny red collar to the mamma dear just for fun even though we know deer don’t wear collars. LOL!
- Punch out red 1/16″ circles and attach them to the necks of both deer using glossy accents.
- Tuck the mamma and baby deer in behind the snow layer and attach using pieces of mounting tape.
- Cut the green branches apart and attach them in behind the snow layer using glossy accents.
- Use red cardstock to cut the birds and color their beaks with a black marker.
- Finish the scene by attaching the birds to the scene using small pieces of mounting tape.
Here are links to the dies I used for my card.
Here are links to the tools and supplies.
So if you are looking for an idea to create your own Christmas cards with deer I welcome you to use mine as an inspiration. You can find lots more Christmas cards with deer inspiration on this Pinterest link. And check out this Pinterest link for white on white Christmas card inspiration. I sure appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great day.