Today I’m sharing a pretty vases and flowers card with soft colors framed on an all white background for contrast. The decorative white frame layers add dimension and interest but still allow the colorful images to be the main focus of the card. For my project I used the Rectangle Combo #2, Window With Pierce, Arch Trellis, Vases and Shelves, Leaves and Greenery, Small Flowers # 1, Flower Buds and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Window Frame
- Use white cardstock to cut the rectangle frame, window frame and two trellises.
- Fit the window frame inside the rectangle frame and attach them together using double stick tape.
- Note: The window frame fits perfectly inside the rectangle frame but is just a tad too long on one end. I secured it in place with tape and allowed the one end to fit in behind the frame. You can see that section on the top of the frame but I doubt you would have noticed it if I hadn’t mentioned it.
- Trim the arch top and bottom sections off of both of the arch trellises.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of one of the trellis sections, line it up to the second section and attach to create a continuous piece that will fit behind the tall window section on the frame. I like to modify die cuts to create different things and stretch how I can use my dies.
- Use double stick tape around the back of the large window to attach the trellis section to fill in the window.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the window frame sections.
- Attach the window frame to the A2 sized white card base.
The Flower Vases
- Use pink, yellow, aqua and purple cardstock to cut out all the vases and flowers.
- Cut the foliage using green cardstock.
- Use glossy accents to attach the foliage sections to the back of each frame. I have lots of fun picking and choosing the different foliage pieces to work with the different shaped vases.
- Form the flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach all the flowers to the foliage using glossy accents.
- Use mounting tape to attach all the vases to the card base. Note: I played with the vases and laid them out on the window frame to get the best design before attaching.
Did you enjoy seeing my card with soft colors and the modified die cut white layered framing.? I have made a few versions of this card using the vases and flowers and I love how pretty they look layered with the frames. The Window Frame and Flower Vases was made back in March with the same soft colors and images but used a different window frame. Pinterest has lots of inspiration for cards with soft color combination . I appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great day.
Here are the Rubbernecker dies used for my project.
Here are the tools and supplies.
Making a card with soft colors is fun.
3 thoughts on “Card with Soft Colors”
BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOOOVE those ITTY BITTY flowers! And the vases are a NICE PLUS to this too, Kittie! SOOO PRETTY!!! ;)<3
This is so beautiful Kittie!