A clean and simple card with a fairly simple pattern or image can be the perfect background for almost any subject or occasion. When I saw this background, Wrapped String, I instantly thought of Cats playing with a ball of string or yarn. The simple pattern creates interest while allowing the cats and sentiment to be front and center. I used the Inside Scallop Nested for the background layer and the sentiment is from the Kittie Says Phrases #1.
The Clean and Simple Layer
- Cut the Inside Scallop Layer using white cardstock.
- Secure white layer and Wrapped String background stamp in the MISTI.
- Apply Nocturne ink to the stamp and stamp the image.
- Sprinkle super fine clear embossing powder on the stamped layer and heat emboss.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the stamped layer and attach it to the A2 sized card base.
The Sentiment and Cats
- Cut black and white strips of cardstock.
- Use the Inside Scallop die to cut the black and white strips to create matching decorative borders to line up over the background layer.
- Stamp the sentiment using Nocturne ink, sprinkle with super fine clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Attach the black and white layers together using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to stamped layer.
- Cut the cats using black cardstock.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of each cat and attach them to the sentiment layer and card base.
This clean and simple card with the “Just Because” would be perfect to send to your cat lover friend. Recently I have been having lots of fun using background images to add another element of interest to my cards. Check out my Black and White Background Card to see another example of a clean and simple card layout with a fun background image. You can find so much clean and simple card inspiration over on Pinterest. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a great upcoming weekend.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
A clean and simple card is easy to make.